Drunken heeling in Wisconsin

Magickman

High heels hinder man’s sobriety test

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By JUSTIN KERN - GM Today Staff

December 12, 2005

HARTLAND - A 38-year-old Oconomowoc man accused of drunken driving had difficulty balancing on one foot during a sobriety test because of the women’s shoes he was wearing.

The man was arrested for operating while intoxicated after Hartland police stopped him at 3:22 a.m. Dec. 3 on Highway 16 near North Avenue. During sobriety tests that led to the arrest, he had difficulty during the balancing portion of the test because he was wearing high heels, according to police.

In explaining his outfit, which also included a wig and a dress, the man told authorities he was returning from a costume party.

"The officers always give (drivers) the option to remove their footwear if they feel that they can’t sustain the balance test," Hartland Police Department Capt. Michael Bagin said, referring to field sobriety tests. "In this instance, the individual decided to keep wearing the long footwear."

The man was initially stopped by police when he allegedly drove his vehicle over the center dash lines by about 3 feet.

The OWI arrest was his first, according to state court records.

He was also stopped for alleged poor driving Sept. 13 and let go after passing preliminary sobriety tests by Hartland police, authorities said.

he was either not-too-bright....or they were a strappy pair and he couldn't get them off cause he had too much to drink.... I remember two times getting home late at night (or is it early morning??) after one-too-many....and staggering in with my boyfriend and hitting the bed with heels on.... Once I tried to unstrap a pair of heels that had an ankle strap a few times but called it quits after a few minutes....the second time I had a pair of heels that had these ankle tie ribbons and I think I pulled the loop instead of the end...and...knot!...that was it for that....I crashed and fought with them the next morning when I woke up at about lunch time!...hehe

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

I don't think i've been drunk while wearing my heels/boots. And if i did, man... thats a long way down to the ground! I was suppose to wear my heels/boots for my bday dinner a few weeks ago requested from my friends. But knowing my friends, and its my bday, oh yeah i was gonna get smashed! 9 double shots of tennesee whiskey, jagermeister, smirnoff, crown royale, tequila and a few too many beers... yeah i had a good night.. .maybe it would've been a perfect excuse to wear my heels while i was drunk! HA! ... damn why didn't i think of that any earlier!

Is heeling drunk supposed to be difficult? I've done it more than once in 5 inch stilettos, and have never fallen. Always a first time though.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I walk pretty well in my heels when drunk. For our anniversary, we got a hotel room and I brought my 5" pumps. Going to the bathroom and back, I walked pretty well in them, actually had to navigate stuff on the floor too;) Not the same as walking outside, I know, but I didn't have any problems at all. Scotty

i was loaded after the halloween party this year and i was wearing my white 7.5 inch heels with my white micro mini nurse outfit... how i made it down the stairs and onto and down the street without falling off my shoes amazed everyone in our party. once in the cab home i took my shoes off and ran barefoot across the street and up the steps into the house. once in though i was wishing there were some late night place we could go, me still in costume...