Primark & Matalan

Priscilla

I am going shopping in Southampton in two weeks time, and I'm looking for some heels. Okay, not exactly hi-heels, I particularly want a pair of kitten heel shoes or boots to wear for a day around London. Does anyone know whether Either Primark or Matalan sell shoes, and if so, up to what sizes? Before now, I have bought shoes at Brantano in larger sizes.

Hi Priscilla Not sure about Primark but Matalan sell shoes and boots, normally cheap and plastic but some leather. Only seen them up to a size 8 UK. Hope this helps Calv

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Primark shoes are extremely popular with the ladies (and me!). They are branded Atmosphere. Some of them a good enough quality and cheap too. I've several pairs of Atmosphere shoes. All quite comfy to wear. Matalan are good too. I have a pair of tan cowgirl boots from there that I bought several months back which I love to wear. They go great with my blue straight cut Gap jeans. :D Both stores only go up to a size 8 and the sizing does vary between styles and some 8s actually feel like sevens.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

Thats lucky for me i wear a size 8, i agree some 8's feel like 7's,and some are a bit loose on me,i've only once had the courage to try in the shop...........i love shopping for jeans,hot pants and tops as well as skirts and shoes,good value too love polly

Hi Priscilla, just wanted to say I buy my shoes from New Look and theyre a great fit also from Priceless shoes which is like a discount Barratts, they go up to 9's in there and there sizing can differ some 8's are a liitle tight and some are ok but you should be fine :D

Thanks to you all for your replies, most helpful. I have shopped in Brantano before, but their range can be a bit 'tacky'. but they do cater for larger sizes, as i seem to be about a UK nine. Redcourts, are Priceless and New Look in the UK?

• 3 weeks later...

I have never seen any great stuff in Matalan. TK Maxx has always been good though (up until a few months ago, nothing recently). They sell overstock and past season stuff at 50 to 80% off. Faith do a few things in UK Size 9, check their website. Barratts go up to UK 10 in some stores. If you are going to London, check the dozens of shoe shops in Camden High Street. They have a lot of nice stuff.