Tryed new 70's boots with positive reactions!!!

jazzy_cool

Just recently bought a pair of men's 70's platform boots from vintage mania. It has a chunky heel with a 3-3.5 inch heel. Here's a link for the boots.

http://www.afunkyshoeandboot.com/Mensplatformshoesboots/blacklugsoledankleboots.html

Initially, I was a bit nervous as to how people would react to the boots. I have worn 2 3/4 inch heel cowboy boots to university without any problem. So today I decided to give the boots a try. I was wearing a pair of boot/flare jeans combined with a disco shirt jean jacket and platform boots. Well, after getting my gear on, I ventured off to University. While on my way to university I was listening to the saturday night fever sountrack in the car to help pump me up. While, I was walking the halls people did see partial exposure of the heel but hardly anyone reacted. Some girls sitting on the side benches on the hallway did take a glance at the boots but that's about it. Actually, 3-4 girls who are my friends talked to me normally and no differently. They actually thought that my style was kinda cool! One of my friends that's a girl knows that I am very fashion oriented and wear different shoes everyday. Then I ventured in and out of the library, sat down in the library with partial heel showing but again hardly any reaction mainly from girls and even some guys. Then went to the coffee shop and initially the girl at the counter looked at my boots. She treated me normally as any other customer. After a while talking to her at the counter, she thought I was kinda cool and gave me a few smiles. Then went to a local vintage department store and the the girl working in the store gave me a friendly hi and asked me politely that if I needed any help. I guess people thought that I was dressed in a funky retro style and the boots were just a funky accessory that complemented the outfit.

Jazzy_cool:-) The people probably reacted the way that they did because your heels blended in with the rest of your outfit. You were co-ordinated and everything blended in to fit together. All was pleasing to the eye and nothing jumped out at the observer or seemed out of the ordinary. Congrats! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

The description of the boots on the sale page said:

The front platform is a hair over 1" in height. The back heel is 3 1/2".

Let me see. 3½" heel on a 1" platform? 2½" heel, more or less. and, they look like 2005 men's boots rather than men's 70's platform boots. Quite frankly, I wonder why you would get any reaction at all. They aren't that "attention getting." Not like a pair of pointey toe, 4" stiletto heel ankle boots would get. Wear them with confidenc, pride and in good health. I doubt that anyone would ever confuse you, a man, wearing woman's shoes -- especially whem wearing that pair. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Good job, man! University is a good place to venture out with style. You certainly see the whole spectrum of looks there. My favourtie comment at the U was one day before class I was talking with this girl. She is one of those girls that just rambles on and on and you never get in a word edgewise. In her mid sentence she was like "Hey, you seem taller today". She looks down quick and goes, "Oh, you are wearing heels". And then she just went onto the conversation..lol Mind you the shoes I had on were chunkier, but still goes to show you most ppl do not care.

Perhaps she was absorbed in the moment and, although it registered that you were wearing heels, she might have been more surprised later after it had sunk in. ;)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.