Gift for Dawn

All, Dawn has been a great friend of ours and almost been paternal to most of the members of this board. Given the fact that he has gone through the latest drama, I would like to show him how his online "family" cares about him. I would like to pass out the suggestion that we collectlely collect donations and buy him something nice. I will DEFINITELY pitch in some $$. Anyone think of what would be nice? Not sure a new pair of boots would be appropriate, or would it? Any suggestions/ideas? Thanks, Scotty

SScotty727, Shafted & Bubba136: What's this about - A GIFT FOR DAWN? I was looking thru the topics & found this one. The thought is TERRIFIC but REALLY REALLY NOT necessary - he just appreciates the fact that he has all of you as friends & can keep in touch with you. He enjoys the fellowship & the chance to be able to converse with people like himself or with similar interests. To him that is the BEST GIFT OF ALL! So thank you for the thought & just keep posting so he will have something to do - PLEASE!!! TOOTLES!!! Mickey68

it's settled, then. We'll give the gift that keeps on giving - our posts. continued best wishes for a quick and complete recovery, Dawn!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sscotty727:-) Thanks again for your well wishes. Your heart is certainly in the right place. As I have said before...to me this is just a small blip on the radar screen of life. You can't keep a good poster down. I still have some rubber left in me and I'm bouncing back as fast as I can. After all, it has only been 1 week. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

While we are all thankful your episode wasn't as bad as it could have been, and that you are quickly recovering, I would like to know how Micky68 is getting along. It was apparent from your comments prior to your stroke that you were taking good care of her, I hope she isn't taxing her stamina taking care of you to a point that it's slowing her recovery. :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) Mickey is slowly mending as time goes on. She is to get her arm x-rayed in 2 days and we will then know the progress on that. She had it set on May 25th and it has taken this long for it to heal. She has osteoporosis and that has slowed the process. She has 2 more weeks before she has the staples taken out of her surgery on her achillies tendon on her left ankle and foot. At that time, the cast is to come off of her foot. What happens then, we don't know at this time. The broken toe on her right foot is not as discolored and a bit less sore than originally. I have been teasing her that she doesn't have a leg to stand on, which is true. Then I blew a fuse and had my stroke, so I must get well as quckly as possible in order to take care of her. So, that is where we stand at the moment. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

While your report of Mickey's (and your) progress are heartening, it is unsettling to realize what a steep hill you both have to climb. Life, under the most favorable circumstances, isn't easy. And, when your body wears out, it's doubly hard. My mother used to tell me that "getting old isn't easy." And that "you spend the first part of your adult life acquiring things and the last part getting rid of them because you can no longer need them, take proper care of them, or need those resources to pay daily living expenses and upkeep. There's not a great deal we can do for you, being that we're so far away. Except to send our best wishes for a speedy recovery. You know that both of you are forefront in our prayers. Stay loose, keep your spirits up and take care of each other the best you can....and ask for help, if you need it.