Size problems

shakala

Hi guys,

I need advice. I just received my new 5 inch heel Victoria boots today, after waiting 6 weeks! (thats what u get for living on the other side of the world!)

Problem being, they are way too big for my foot. My foot measures 127cm. As per measurements from this store thats a 13 US Women and they mentioned adding 1 size up for heels 5 inch up! Hence I got a size 14 US womens!

I'm just woundering if any of you can help with with sizes then?

I checked www.bevelyheels.com, there sizing chart says 27.3cm = Size 12.

So is 27.3 a size 12, 13 and do I need to add another size up?

I do have to say that having waited 6 weeks for these to arrive I'm really upset and dissapoint, especially waiting for my first stiletto heels so I can go street heeling in.

Hellllllpp!

Before you send them back... 1. Do NOT wear them! Any sign of wear (even the slightest scratch on the sole) is subject to denial of return. 2. Obtain a RMA (return merchandise authorization) number. 3. Send them registered mail to ensure you have a signature that they actually arrived. And wait on another pair of boots! This time the next size down!

I typically find that I do not order one size up. Unless a vendor specifically reccommends on a certain model that the model tends to run a size small order your normal size. For me ordering a size larger has always led to the shoes being too big. For me ordering a size larger just because they are high heels has been a bunch of bull.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted has a point there. I have 2 pair of knee-high boots from the same manufacturer, bought from the same store, shipped from the same country and they are exactly the same except that one pair is antique taupe in color and the other is in black. They both fit very well and are quite comfy. Here is the clinker...one pair is 8M size and the other pair is 9M size. Who knows...I sure don't. Things can happen and usually do. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Sizes are such a ticklish subject and a veritable minefield. If you can it is often best to try on before you buy. Now, I know this isn't always feasible with internet sales and I find that I always take a note of the manufacturers and styles that fit and ask the vendor what the brand is.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Hi guys,

I need advice. I just received my new 5 inch heel Victoria boots today, after waiting 6 weeks! (thats what u get for living on the other side of the world!)

Problem being, they are way too big for my foot. My foot measures 127cm ...

Hellllllpp!

Poor Shakala, with your foot lenght I would cry better HELLLLLLPPPPPPP !!!!! How is it possible that these tiny US14 puppet shoes are too big for a giant like you? :drinking:

Now more ernest again: I assume that you meant 27 cm. But 27 cm is usually US 12. My feet are 128.5 cm long (*big grin*) and US 13 is matching perfectly for me, at least mostly. To my own experience you need not to order high heels in bigger sizes than your normal male size. If your male size is US 11 ~ UK 11, then female US 13 and female UK 11 should be sufficient. Some sellers are including in their recommendations the bigger width of male feet. But my feet are slim and I feel even comfortable with some pointy EU 43/44 boots (female ~ US 12 ~UK 10). My normal size is ranging between EU 44 and 45. To my experience only EU-sizes are real unisex-sizes. Often it's necessary to add a half ore a whole number to your male size in United Kingdom.

Naturally there are always odd exceptions: I ordered my 8899 overknees in US 14 after I had heard that they are very narrow (at Zappo's customer forum). Luckily I found these web sites before my purchase. The most conversion tables are declaring US 14 as EU 46, but I received my boots in EU 44.5. Perfectly fitting!

My recommendation to you: Ask other forum members before ordering at an internet shop. I'm sure that you'll have a good chance for helpful comments. But be cautious with Ebay auctions - we all are greedy high heel wolfs :wink:

Internet orders are always a hazard. I would prefer to try my shoes on before buying them. But what shall I do if every shoe shop in the city is a desert for me? The male section a desert of dullness and the ladies section a desert of wrong sizes :lol:

nice greetings

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi there micha! :wink: I agree with you fully on this! (but I have womens Sz 9-mens Sz 7 so I almost NEVER have a problem for myself) I am so lucky that I have smaller feet than most men, I think it was a sign that I fit much better in womens styles as a whole & I agree in the the fact that so-called "mens" styles are boring a thousands times over!! (to give you a hint,I mean to say NO imaginaion in MENS footwear WHATSOEVER!) its a bummer when a guy has larger feet & wants to wear womens footwear but is never sure how high the sizes go up to. :lol:

men still look good with pants tucked into the right boots!