Heel Height And Perception

JeffB

What about our own self-perception when we wear heels?

I've found that when I first tried on a pair of heels (3.5") that I tended to stoop because it seemed I was too tall!

Over time, and after having worn them around the house for a few hours a day, I feel short when I take them off, like you did when you were a kid and the counter was just a little bit too high.

I'll admit that I did stoop in the beginning, but now I stand proud and straight when I'm in heels. If I'm gonna stand out in a crowd, then so be it! If anything, that makes me feel unique! As for self-perception, yeah, after wearing heels for so many hours, I actually DO feel shorter when I take them off! That's pretty darn wild!

:wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Actually, for me (I'm also 6'2"), when I take off heels, and things look higher, it makes ME feel good because I DO feel shorter, and sometimes I get a little tired of being so tall....and of course having big feet. I do wish sometimes I had the proportion to have men's size 9 feet - but that's just wishful thinking there. :wink:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I have the exact opposite feelings than you guys about wearing heels. One of the reasons I like wearing heels is because they make me much taller than I actually am. And that's a feeling I really enjoy and one of the many reasons that I enjoy wearing heels so much and so often. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!