Shoe Sizing Standards

mskim61

It really can be frustrating at times that there is no apparent industry standard for women's shoe sizing. There is an incredible difference in fit, width and overall sizing which seems to be dependent on the manufacturer and country of origin. Here in the USA I don't know of any small companys making high quality shoes. There really is no comparison between man made materials and a high quality leather shoe which one can only seem to find in Europe. There also seems to be an incredible array of styles available thru these companies. I have often thought about placing an order with any one of the premier shoe stores in Germany, Italy or Switzerland, but I am concerned about obtaining the correct fit. It's hard enough ordering 1 pair of shoes from any of these establishments. I just can't imagine ordering multiple sizes or exchanging items. Has anyone figured out the best approach to dealing with these companies and getting the correct fit?

Talk about playing "Russian roulette," you've asked a age old question that has been discussed at length here. There are several reliable places that sell shoes to men via the Internet that will exchange them if they're the wrong size. La Piazza is one of them. However, I've found the best thing to do is to try a pair of shoes on before you buy them (or, if you have a wife like mine that can translate your size by trying on a pair in her size before she buys them for me).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.