Put first movies

Since there isn't a forum for this, I guess this is a close to the topic as can be. :smile: These are our first movie we made. The digital camera I have can take up to 38 second movie clips and stores it in Quick Time format. I ran them through Premire and converted them to .avi format. You'll need the DivX plugin to view them. You can get it at http://www.divx.com. Each one is around 3.5MB or so. These are aour first even movies. THe camera dosen't record sound...sorry. Enjoy. :smile:

Red.avi

Red1.avi

Pink.avi

Pink1.avi

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for giving us the links. Mind you, 3.5mb is a bit too much for most people to download. 1mb is more reasonable, but I agree you can't do very much in 1mb with an avi. I'm giving the first one a try anyway. I'm sure it will be good!

I'm sure I've got that divex thing, but it didn't play for me. I'm going to have another go. Just a pratical thing again, I think it's best to distribute things in very standard form, but these movie formats seem to become more and more compliated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Since there isn't a forum for this, I guess this is a close to the topic as can be. :wink: These are our first movie we made. The digital camera I have can take up to 38 second movie clips and stores it in Quick Time format. I ran them through Premire and converted them to .avi format. You'll need the DivX plugin to view them. You can get it at http://www.divx.com. Each one is around 3.5MB or so. These are aour first even movies. THe camera dosen't record sound...sorry. Enjoy. :D

Red.avi

Red1.avi

Pink.avi

Pink1.avi

I just wonder why you decided to convert them to avi and them compressed using DixX. QuickTime is a great container to post movies on the web. Apples trailer site is a good example: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/trailers.

If you need some quick-start tips on how to do this, I´ll be happy to help.

Just for your FYI, the free down load of Divix has spywear in it the last time I knew. You can buy it with out it for $19.95US.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Alternatively you can just download the free version that doesn't have the encoding features, but still has the play back features that you need. Some people just don't realise this :wink: Nice video though! Quicktime is a horrible format if you don't have a Mac. And let's face it, most people don't have Macs. I'm glad you had sense to convert them to DivX/AVI. Nice quality at a very reasonable size. I don't know why people quibble at 3.5MB for a video... I download videos that are 440MB or more! And for that length and quality 3.5MB is very reasonably indeed, even on a 56K modem it doesn't take long to download. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I'm so going to have to install another Windows machine. If I do, I just want people to know I did it for Missy's videos :wink:

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"