been away too long

Hey everyone! Life got really busy with other distractions this year, work, social life. Fall is often a very busy time for me, but this year, well, you get the idea. It is amazing how exhausted one can get and not even realize it. I see many familiar posters as well as new members. Glad you are all still here. Lots of catching up to do, indeed. Some reaally interesting threads to read.

classic style high heel boots

Thanks for the welcome back. It is tough to not be discouraged about high heels around where I live. Maybe a contributing reason why I vanished for a while. Case in point. I was talking with a contractor who works for my company yesterday. Conversation drifted around to a point where he is volunteered he is totally against guys "dressing out of gender." It is not even a matter of it is "not for him" but that he is offended by it and does not want to see it (even if other guys do it). No success in making a point that variety makes the world interesting. I run into this sentiment all too frequently. You street heelers are very brave souls indeed. Re. competition? Never will have enough to say to accumulate over a thousand posts! Seems I was "in comfy loafers" forever!

Dressboots wrote:

onversation drifted around to a point where he is volunteered he is totally against guys "dressing out of gender."

Now, I wonder how your conversation ever "got around" to that subject?

I've had conversations with a lot of people over the course of my life and never has one of them ever "gotten around" to that subject. As far as his attitude is concerned, you can't fault him for that. It's his opinion and I don't believe there is anything you can say to change his mind. There's a lot like him out there. In fact, several of our male members are married to women with identical attitudes.

I really believe it's important for us to remember that, no matter how much we think our attitude is the correct one, we're in the minority in today's society. While people these days are just slightly more accepting of men dressing differently, they still regard any man in heels as degenerate.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

[Now, I wonder how your conversation ever "got around" to that subject? quote] bubba, I agree you make a very good point. I don't erember exactly how the conversation got there - you know how conversations evolve. I think we were joking about what ever happened ot Anita Bryant and how the Florida orange grower's association dropped her like a hot potato when she went on her anti-gay crusade, years ago. That was the point where he lept to that comment. Turns out his brother in law is gay but "does not look any diffent than any normal man." My response was that the "flamboyant gay" is a stereotype, that many effemenet seeming men are very much heterosexual. There really is now way of judging a book by its cover sometimes. It is why my wife is opposed to public heeling for me. She is concerned about attitudes by such people - many of which I know and work with.

Dressboots:-) It is only natural that your wife wants to protect you from yourself basicaly. Mickey is that way with me also. Most wives are afraid that you will get yourself into trouble by not being a bit on the cautious side. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Yes, DawnHH, you are right. However a lot of women don't want their men to wear their heels in public because they really don't want to be embarrassed by being seen with a guy in women's clothing. They are primarily concerned with how they would be viewed by others than they are with protecting their husbands/boyfriends from ridicule.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I think my wife's concern is more along dawnhh's observation. She does not really concern herself so much with what other people think of herself. She was not always like this (she says) but maturity has made her less worried about what others think. However, I believe I was an embarassment to my sisters when I street heeled when I was in high school, so I hear you bubba. Cannot remember having asked my wife if that is also a factor in her wish for me to remain underground.