Dinner with Sis

sscotty727

Dawn,

Thanks very much for the thought. I hope Mikey is continuing to improve.

Well, I got the news tonight that she passed away. As hard as it is, she was 82 and living in a nursing home. Her health has been going down hill so I can only think she is now in a far better place. She will be missed, but maybe she is up there telling my Mom about her fantastic grand daughters.

Scotty

Condolences. Really sorry to hear about losing someone that was important to you. :-( I've been folliowing this thread for a bit, and I gotta say it really put a dent in the day when you posted.

We recently lost my wife's grandmother and she was quite special to us as well (really, both grandmothers were).

At the funeral the minister made the observation that it's particulartly hard on the kids of the person as they now see themselves as the "old" generation, and the next to go. My father-in-law was particularly hit with this revelation.

We also lost (in the last 3 yeras) a good friend and fiance of my sister-in-law. He was 29. Died of brain cancer. _that_ was a loss. Hit us all hard. People aren't supposed to die that young.

Take care of the important things. The other things will follow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic