Dinner with Sis

sscotty727

Hey All,

I might go to dinner next week with my sister-in-law (my wifes older sister). She is known as being the "wild one of the family" and thinks it's cool with me and heels. The reason we set the dinner date is so I can go out in public in more riske' heels (my wife won't do it, she is still too shy about it). Anyway, I have two pair, a black chunky pump with a rounded toe.....

Posted Image

or my standard 4" black pumps (similiar to my aviator). I plan to wear my long jeans which overs them, but one would be a round toe the other a pointy toe. Also, the clicking of actual heels might draw attention (especially in the men's room, not sure how to handle that one).

Anyway, which one would you suggest since I don't know when I might get an opportunity like it again.

Thanks,

Scotty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more daring ones with trousers just below the ankle/top of the heel. If you cover the shoes you might just as well wear trainers. As for the men's room you handle it by going in there, doing your stuff and exiting as normal. I have been in a similar situation loads of times , including in the States with noisy/thin heels or heels with steel screws in. Nobody ever says anything.

As for the men's room you handle it by going in there, doing your stuff and exiting as normal. I have been in a similar situation loads of times , including in the States with noisy/thin heels or heels with steel screws in.

:D Firefox, I think you came equipped with brass.... ummm... equipment.

Scotty,

I'm no veteran of street heeling, but from the numerous threads I've read here, the common advice seems to be to wear whatever you can wear and not be nervous about.

The reason Firefox can pull off the bathroom scenario so easily is because of his confidence. If you think you're going to be too self-conscious in your avatars, stick to the rounded-toe ones.

It's not other peoples' reactions you're worried about, it's your handling of those reactions that you should be worried about.

I am considering Firefox's advice of wearing the pumps because we are doing this to allow me to get the thrill of going out in riske' heels. I might as well go for it. As far as the long pants, the thrill isn't to get seen, it's wearing heels in public so I could care less that no one else sees them. Besides, no matter how long the pants you can't totally obsure them. Scotty

Sorry, for first time outing, I vote for the chunkies. As for the unholy clicking that everybody almost universally is afraid of (God only knows why), I have found that the sound attracts far more attention from the wearer, than from those around the wearer who are only technically within hearing distance--they simply don't notice it--any more than they notice a woman's heel clicking--it's just background noise to all but the severely fetished. Get over it--it's a non-issue.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

heels sound good to me.

That's what I mean--they sound good to the WEARER, or are noticeable and embarrassingly LOUD to the WEARER, but NOT to everyone else (unless they have a heel fetish too :D ).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

The pumps are not very well balanced. You can see the break line where the moulding at the back of the platform stops and the arch appears to a straight line for a while. Also, the heel is set back too far. However, since you will be covering these features up, it hardly seemes to matter.

It might be the camera angle. The combination of the thick chunky short heel and the platform kinda makes the shoes appear clunky to me.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

The pumps are not very well balanced. You can see the break line where the moulding at the back of the platform stops and the arch appears to a straight line for a while. Also, the heel is set back too far. However, since you will be covering these features up, it hardly seemes to matter.

I can see what you are talking about. I see the straight line right under the arch. It also seems that the heel is to far back. I'm not sure just what affect this has on the balance though.

Hmmmm, they look fine too me (check the first pic where I have them on the chair). Maybe what you are seeing is from the bad quality of the camera?

The only shoe I see on a chair is the pointed toe pair with the stilleto heel. I believe Firefox is referring to the other shoe, the rounded toe pair with the thick heel.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

What an opportunity!!! Since your sister-in-law suggested the higher pumps, do it!!!! They appear to be your choice so I wouldn't give up the chance. Wear them with some cool hose like in the pics and enjoy yourself. Your sister-in-law sounds like a really great lady. Have fun...... :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well, I am home sick today and it is raining hard (we have a tornado watch until 5:30), so dinner won't be tonight. We are tentatively going for Wednesday or Thursday (she is going out of town on Friday). I am definitely going with the pumps and jeans. I don't think I will actually wear nylon socks or stockings, the barefoot in heels feeling is wonderful;) Terayon: On the chunky pumps, I got them from somewhere online, I can't remember where now. If you wear a US size 11, I am willing to let them go. PM me if your interested. Scotty

docs41: Here is her exact quote when I showed her both pics: "Daaaang! I haven't worn spiked heels in ages....I had a favorite red pair I use to wear to work....heck, go w/ the pumps since you want to wear them. I won't be bothered if ya wear them." As I said above, the seals it for me. The pumps it is. Scotty

Update: Well, the weather here isn't great and both of us are not feeling too good, so I decided we should postpone the dinner. I have to stop by the drug store tonight on the way home and the store is carpeted, so I am thinking of wearing my spiked pumps in the store (so far I have only ever worn them at a gas pump, never inside a store so this would be a first!). Also I am going to try to convince the wife to go out to dinner with me alone one of these evenings and let me wear my pumps under my long jeans. I might be able to convince her;) I will keep you all posted. Scotty

Well, unfortunately since both of us are feeling sick this week, we officially postponed dinner. I did stop by the drug store and gas station (even went inside) with my 4" pumps. Was very cool being in public with them. Even passed several women in the drugstore while wearing the pumps and they never even batted an eye. I will keep you all posted on when we have dinner. Later, Scotty

I haven't worn the chunky pumps alot, a few times this summer while getting gas. I like the spike pumps alot better anyway.

I showed the same pics to my sister-in-law and she said wear the pumps;) So I am going with them. Will let you all know how it goes.

Scotty

Scotty, believe me: thats the best decision!

Some time ago I told my elder sister - she's living in Paris - at a phone conversation that I wore 6 '' platform heels on CSD in Frankfurt. Her answer "You can never walk on such high heels" was a sheer provocation for me.

Risking a heart attack of my 70 years old mother I took on my pointy 4'' stiletto boots for a home visit of my sister. But infarct endagered was only my sister. She told me a lot of stupid stuff about health and that my boots were too narrow for my toes. My answer, that I luckily found them in my footsize and that they fit very well was simply ignored. I presume that she was a little bit jealous (*g*)

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!