Bought My first pair of Womens Jeans

ems8

After all the talk of women's jeans I decided to take the plunge and buy a pair. I love the look of heels and boot cut jeans that women wear all the time and with men's boot cut jeans it just doesn't quite come off the same. I wandered in stores and never got up the nerve to try any on and I was not going to buy without trying. I ended up buying them on EBay where I made a discovery--many of the sellers include the actual waist size, as well as inseam. Having looked at sizing charts, etc. I thought I would take a much larger size than it turned out. I guess because women expand a good deal more below the waist than men and with low rise jeans the actual waist size is not the same, but several inches larger. I searched my actual waist size and pulled up several different sizes with a actual waist size that would work on low rise jeans. Sorry to be so long; at any rate, the jeans arrived today and like everybody says they fit great. Time to go search so more--

Go gently through life.

The trick is, for low-rise jeans--don't order by the waist size--order by your hip measurement!!!

ALLOY.COM Size Chart

Plus, look at the fabric content--if there is some "lycra" in it, you can get away with a hip measurement that is an inch or so lower than your measurement--that is what true "stretch" jeans really mean, not the fake stretch cotton/polyester crap that mens jeans manufacturers have been foisting on the male public for the last 50 years.

As is noted in the size chart, these are your actual measurements, NOT THE JEANS MEASUREMENTS! All jeans include some extra for "wearing ease", generally about 2-4" more at the girth (for all cotton jeans, or 98% Cotton / 2% Lycra, less so with more lycra content (5%+).

If you insist on attempting to find your jeans at some other source (can't imagine why you'd want to do that since Alloy has just about everything you could imagine, but maybe you just have some sort of masochistic streak...), Note that for the purposes of buying hip-hugger jeans, aka "low rise", Junior sizes are comparable to "Misses" sizes one digit larger, e.g. a size 17 is roughly comparable to a Misses 18.

Hope this helps...

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Off track a little, but I've had a lycra and tight jeans fetish for years and always wore skintight jeans when I was younger. That phase ended when the 90's came about and I could no longer buy what I wanted. Then a few years back "jazz pants" came in fashion and to make a long story short, I have about 6 pairs of differing colours. I finally came "out" by "accidently" putting my girlfriend's pants on and wore them for a short while she was around. Thankfully she likes me in them so now I have managed to build it up so I wear them nearly all the time in the house. They're very revealing so I don't wear them out. What would the neighbours say?!!

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave: