Bought My first pair of Womens Jeans

ems8

Well, I have bought many pairs of womens shoes in several stores through the years, That's now no big deal. Last friday I stopped at Wal-Mart for some things and saw Womens low rise Wrangler Boot cut Jeans for under $15.00 US. Nice Price, I was a little nevous looking for the mens fitting room, Which is in a island next to the womens. Argg! a attendaent has to unlock the door and count how many items you have. On my way to the dressing rooms I refolded the 3 pairs of jeans so the large brightly colored tag that says WOMANS was hidden on the inside. Whew counted and in the dressing room. Now to try them on. Wow started with a 16 , it fit but was too tight ended up with a 20. Slightly loose. Went home cut off the size tags and washed them with the rest of my jeans. I wore them all day Saturday out shopping with my wife, Her only comment was Are those bell bottoms. I said yes they are boot cut and found them for only fourteen dollars. Once washed and dryed they fit really nicely. I might try the 18 size next pair. The low rise waist is actually comfotable and I noticed the front pockets when you put your keys into them lay towards the front unlike most mens jeans where you get a bulge from whats in the pockets towards the sides of the hip. So If your ready to buy Womens Jeans Go FOR IT They are a lighter material with some lycra and are really comfortable, The slightly wider boot cut leg does well to hide most of my 4 inch heel boots.

ems8

welcome to the club mate

i have several pairs of womens jeans they are the bootleg type from

www.tallgirls.co.uk , an they are soo comfy an the fit is better they go better with heels, u can get them longer from tallgirls too, why bother with mens trousers?.

lol

later

nhoj62

the higher the boot, the higher the heel, the better the feeling!

I like New Look stretch jeans, especially since their size 12 fits me. Does anyone try stuff on in womens' only shops? I don't think I'd have the guts.

Absolutely. It's a bit easier if I am already wearing feminine clothes.

the truth shall make you fret

It's as easy as pie and no different than buying in a menswear store.(actually it is different....its ALOT more fun :D:) ) If you are not sure about sizing or fit or inseam length etc, just ask one of the sales girls. Let them know what you are interested in so they can help you. Attitude is the key to most things, so be confident and relaxed within yourself...have some fun and enjoy the experience. The girls will pick up on this real quick and will bend over backwards to assist you. I will not as a rule buy clothes or heels with out trying them on first. jim

I tried on a pair of lee-cooper low waist bootcut ladies jeans in matalan in a size 12 and was surprised to find they were a litttle loose,so i tried a size 10 an it was perfect.I then had to go to 3 branches of matalan to buy a few more pairs as i have to buy a few pairs of anything i like when i see them,you never know i may not be able to find anything i like next year.I also bought some ladies tops/tee shirts that fitted me nicely,they are also much softer and more stretchy than the mens ones and a nicer range of colours.The girls in all of the shops had no problem with me trying them on. love polly

I like New Look stretch jeans, especially since their size 12 fits me. Does anyone try stuff on in womens' only shops? I don't think I'd have the guts.

I have done it a few times. It definitely is exciting ! I do it on the days that I have good courage and if I feel the sales staff is friendly

Ems8:-) Congratulations on finally buying your first pairs of ladies jeans and joining the ranks of the rest of us men who have been doing just that for a while. What Nhoj62 says is quite accurate about the fit and feel and it shouldn't take you long to discover the same thing, if you haven't already. I buy the 5 pocket boot-cut jeans to hide my heels also. I would much rather wear my ladies jeans over my men's any day. I am quite comfortable with how they look on me too. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for all of your words of wisdom and encourgement, It was a rush trying on Womans jeans for the first time. They certainly do feel and fit soo much nicer than Mens jeans. I will have crank up my attitude and try going into a womans store to buy jeans and maybe try them on there. I did have a experience in a Lingerie/Shoe store where I had bought a pair of knee high platform boots. Once home found they where marked wrong on the box, I returned them and the woman sales clerk handed me the new pair and unlocked the dressing room and said Here try them on this time to make sure they fit. That was a first for me in a womans Lingerie shop But the clerk seemed like it was just business as usual.

I'll have to try it. Buying shoes is a rush, I think it's the thing of going into an all women changing area. I wouldn't want anyone to look at me an think I was a perv. When I bought my first women's jeans it was on a market stall and they were only a fiver, so it didn't matter. The trader's patter went something like "Here's a girl who can see a bargain..." I was waiting, but he went unusually quiet. It's funny when you get one of these loud types completely on the back foot.

I just recently took some self portraits. Both were from the torso down. Both had the same pair of pumps. One with women's bootcut jeans and the other men's khaki pants. I put the pictures side by side and compared them. The one with women's jeans looked way better!!! Definitely can't go back to men's!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I just recently took some self portraits. Both were from the torso down. Both had the same pair of pumps. One with women's bootcut jeans and the other men's khaki pants. I put the pictures side by side and compared them. The one with women's jeans looked way better!!! Definitely can't go back to men's!

There is definitely a sort of sleekness and stylishness that comes from wearing women's jeans over the men's variety. I also wear women's jeans, and I'm not afraid to wear mine good and tight which, paired with my long legs and a pair of heels only increases the sleekness factor. :D

Bottom line: once you've worn women's jeans and experience how great they feel, it's flat out impossible to go back!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I couldn't agree with you more, Jeff. Personally I prefer bootcut jeans, as they add more dimension and shape to one's appearance.

Posted Image

When I wear women's jeans with heels, from the side it looks exactly like the picture above--from shopbop.com So eventhough there is no dress code in New York City, I believe the women's jeans compliment the overall look of heels and minimize the "shock value."

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

JeffB:-) Kneehighs:-) I completely agree with both of you gentlemen. Go back to wearing men's jeans? COME ON!!! I'll stick to my ladies boot-cuts. I have only been wearing them for a few months, but I love them too much already to switch back. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I couldn't agree with you more, Jeff. Personally I prefer bootcut jeans, as they add more dimension and shape to one's appearance.

Posted Image

When I wear women's jeans with heels, from the side it looks exactly like the picture above--from shopbop.com So eventhough there is no dress code in New York City, I believe the women's jeans compliment the overall look of heels and minimize the "shock value."

An excellent pic, kneehighs! That's just the look I like as the bootcut style is flat out perfect with either pumps or boots. In fact, the tighter the fit, the better! And for the record, if you can't wear whatever suits you in New York City, then you can't wear anything anywhere! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

Levis 518, 520 and 524 too-superlow-rise boot cut jeans with heels are more comfortable than anything else I own (except maybe for my utilikilt...). Don't own a pair of male jeans since I found out how comfortable juniors size 11 tall are. Just is hard to find them long enough. I really need a 38" inseam and no one seems to carry that long of an inseem. Any body have any ideas or leads...? tightlevisandhhboots

For the tall sizes in the US Sears and the J.C. Penny cataloge used to have a good selection. I worked with a woman who was 6' tall on the nose and with a very slender build, even after she had her first child. She would shop in catalogs more than stores, bigger selection! Jinxie

TightLevisAndHHBoots ,

Just a possibility for you, any other tall guys & gals.

Alloy carries many jeans and pants up to 37" length

and sizes to 22.

www.alloy.com

I have been a satisified customer for almost 2 years.

Worth a look.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

• 1 month later...

I haven't worn male jeans in years.Why would I want to? Women's jeans are so much more comfortable and fit better. In fact, I hardly ever wear male clothing of any sort. I'd say that about 95% of my clothing is female. This includes panties, stockings, pants, jeans, tee shirts, turtle necks, sweaters, jackets, coats, jewelry, and, or course, shoes and boots. Many times I'll carry a handbag also. I feel very confident wearing women's clothing. I feel superior to all the poor males who continue to wear dull, boring, uninteresting male clothing.

Just like all jeans, its about body shape and fit. I've found that Old Navy ladies jeans work quite well for me, and the Longs are just the perfect length. When I bought my first pairs I wore them around & got no comment until my 6 year old dtr said something to me about my "girls pants". Imagine that, at 6! :) Since the wife does the laundry I thought I'd be up front and tell her, since she was bound to notice new pants, then the size tag that said 14 Long instead of the usual 38x32. Told her the low rise doesn't sag in the butt as much; modeled a pair for her and she agreed.

"It's just a flesh wound"

Bluesman:-) Your 6 year old certainly is in the know. Your wife doesn't seem to care what jeans you wear as long as they fit you well. To her, they are just another pair of jeans needing washing. She is on your side, definitely. Cheers--- Dawn HH

www.ravistailor.com

I just recieved my first pair of true tailor made jeans, and all I can say is WOW. I was worried as it does take a while for them to be made, and the company is out of Bankok, Thailand, but if you give them the measurements from the garment you like, they can copy it, or you can give them your measurements, and select from their patterns. I gave them the measurements from my pair of Levi's 524 too-super-low womens jeans that are a Juniors size 11, but with a 38" inseam. But I had them "adjust some of the measurements to better fit me, and I had the inseam made to a 39" inseam. I tried on my strappy stilleto sandles that have a 5" heel, and the boot cut jeans were still slightly dragging the floor, and just my nylon covered toes were peaking out from under the front of the jeans! Pretty cool to be able to cover up such a tall heel, and be able to wear it out and about without too-much notice, other than with a 5" heel, that makes me 6'9" tall.... That tends to make me stand out! :)

Tightlevisandhhboots:-) At 6'9" tall you still sound like you are going to enjoy those custom-made jeans no matter how tall you are in 5" heels. That's the way it should be, but you better watch that the tops of door frames don't hit you smack in the middle of your forehead. TEE! HEE! Cheers--- Dawn HH

an Interesting thing regarding jeans happened to me recently. I was about to do some late night shopping (avoiding crowds) and picked up some jeans from by my wardrobe. Pulled them on and went to do them up, the button was on the wrong side. My wife had thrown her jeans on my side of the bed. I did them up and went downstairs to get my wifes shopping list, and she remarked on my "new jeans" . As we continued discussing our shopping, I dropped it to her that the jeans were actually hers, and then it became "obvious as they fit all wrong". She hadn't noticed the fit until I clued her in, so it proved to her that most of her reasons for me not wearing any womens clothing at all are unfounded as even she hadn't noticed her own jeans on me. And they were very comfortable jeans to wear as you all point out, although I had to take them off before shopping and put my own jeans on.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly