Shoe on the other foot

Stu

One of the more popular questions on these forums is whether a woman should wear high heels to a job interview when she is the job applicant. An experience I had today makes me wonder if there are reasons why a woman should wear especially high heels when she is the one interviewing job applicants. There is a drop-dead gorgeous woman who works on my floor. She works for a different organization at the other end of the building, so I don't know her very well and only see her on occasion in the hallway or on the elevator. She normally wears two- to three-inch heels. I have often thought to myself she would be absolutely perfect if she occasionally wore something higher. But after 3-1/2 years of working on the same floor, I had never seen her in anything higher than 3 inches. Today, I got my wish. I saw her walking down the hallway in a smart business suit and very thin stiletto heel pumps that had to be at least 4-1/2 inches high, possibly 5 inches. She was absolutely breathtaking. As luck would have it, we happened to ride the elevator together later in the day. It took all the discipline I had to maintain a professional demeanor. I was going to ask her if today was a special occasion, but she saved me the trouble. She mentioned she was interviewing applicants for a secretary job in her unit, and she was pleased that they found a good candidate. I have to assume that she wore her special heels (and her business suit) specifically for the interviews. I would be interested into insights as to why a woman would wear heels 1-1/2 to 2 inches higher than normal when interviewing job applicants. Is it simply to look professional? Or is it to project power to people who may be working for her in the near future? And, not to be sexist, but since she was interviewing prospective secretaries, the odds are the new hire will be a woman. Would that have anything to do with it? Any other thoughts?

That's an interest question. This question usually applies to women going to be interviewed for a job and not the individual conducting the interview. Just off hand, I can only think of one reason for the dressing up and that is to give the impression that the company is a first class place to work.

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.