better if you pick out your own shoes ?

e

Does it work out better if you pick out your own shoes, or if your husband or s/o does ? I'm thinking in terms of style and fit. (Post title edited from non descriptive one. Please use descriptive topic titles so people can see what the thread contains. Thanks FF)

Although my wife is the artist (she paints), when it comes to fashion/style, she says I have a better eye than she does, so she lets me pick things out for her which she'll try on for half an hour while I grab a bite to eat. :D We do a lot of online shopping too, for no other reason that it's a lot quicker, one can search for all sizes=x (as opposed to thumbing through racks and racks for hours...). Never did understand why stores organize their clothing by style rather than by size. People miss a lot of styles in their size because they simply don't have enough time to search through all styles to see which ones are available in their size.

My wife has a black belt in shopping. She can't pass up a good sale. And, as a result, she often returns home from one of her forays with a pair or two of shoes she thinks I would like. While I appreciate her doing this for me, my taste in women's shoes is completely different than hers (I wear higher heels than she does and I don't go for bowes, thin straps and the very feminine styles). So, we usually have to return about 90% of these purchases. To answer your question, I think it's best if you choose shoes for yourself -- unless, of course, your wife comes across a specific pair that she knows you are looking for. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.