Lies about Heel Height Mk 2

Firefox

Posted on behalf of Vanity: Vanity 2.5 inch kittens Joined: 16 Dec 2003 Posts: 68 Location: Nort of Europe Posted: 18 Jul 2004 08:18 Post subject: Lies about heel height -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Something I have noticed is that many lie, or exaggerate the heel height. Some of my friend say that they don't use their 4" or 5" heels very often, and when you take a look at them they are 3" or perhaps lower. I think it's "cute", in some weird way, to pretend that they are higher then they are. When I shoe-shop together with some friend I encurage her to buy high heels, but they always end up in the closet. Comfort is the key-word. Sometimes I wonder if it's me that's weird. Anyone with the same experience? _________________ "Vanity is my life and that's my name." I just love High heels.

I used to have a girlfriend that "always wore high heels". They never exceeded 3" which for me would not be considered high but on her tiny feet they did look high. I would have been genuinely impressed if she ever wore 5" heels though! :D

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like in recent years "high heels" are 1 to 1 1/2"...in the 1950's it was common to see 4-5" heels routinely...althought they measured them differently then. Back then they were 2 1/2" or 3" which translated into 4-5" today...occasionally one would see higher ones. Don't think the young girls today would know what to do with the high heels we talk about here , although, i'm sure some of them must wear them...It's been a long time since real high heels were part of a woman wardrobe..sure would like to see them come back...

• 2 months later...

Nice to see that you are awake, Firefox. I guess that you have seen a lot of threads leading anywhere under the force of the devoted "members". It must be difficult to keep it on a level where everyone are satisfied. But still, you are doing a fantastic job. With love from Vanity :-?

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.