Disrespecting the ladies

Is there anyone out there besides myself who is filled with disgust when they read on anyone's profile that their interest is "high spiky heels and the sluts who wear them". How could anyone show more disrespect for the wonderful and delightful women who venture into these forums? And what better way to make them want to not return? I am surprised that the moderators allow such degrading comments to be permantely posted in a venue such as this, where most contributors work diligently to keep well above such a disrespectful atmosphere. Susan (the original), Lucy, Candice, Erica, Serenity, Becky, Ann-Louise, Vanity, AnitaC, RubberVicki and many others have made invaluable contributions to these forums, only to be criticised to the point of being driven away. Ladies, let it be known that I, for one, appreciate all that each of you has contributed. If it were in my power to apologize for the many indignities heaped upon you by this minority of members, I would do so. However, I have no authority to apologize for the actions of another. I voice my respect for each of you. Count me among your admirerers.

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

You may be surprised to find that we moderators do take the problem seriously. However, if we were to moderate every sentence that could possibly offend another person then there would be no posts at all! Many arguments have started due to misunderstandings or someone misreading a comment. We don't condone the actions of the minority, but we're not here to hold hands either. Personally I would give the boot to anyone who infringes the rules and regulations or violates a persons liberties, but I must be fair and allow conversation to progress, only editing that which is blatant. We moderators are here to ensure your freedom on the forum and if we can help with a matter then do contact us concerning your greviance. None of us wish to have to resort to draconian measures where we have to vet every single message before if hits the forum. That is in nobody's interests. Personal attacks or very much frowned upon and we do take steps to reprimand the individuals involved. In all our time, we have only banned 1 user, due to uncivilised behaviour. The person was warned privately and then publically before being removed from our midst. If the general concensus is that we moderators should take a more active role, then we will. But, do not blame us when your posts are edited because we feel they attack a group of people. None of us wish to see Big Brother or Police State being enforced here, as I'm sure no-one wishes their right to freedom of speech to be removed from them. Just something to think on...

I've given the user in question a warning and modified his signature. Thanks Francis and Raincat for bringing this to our attention. The user in question had only 7 posts and joined 4 days ago. We rely upon board members to help us stamp out abuse. The best way to handle this type of abuse is to PM an admin or mod we will sort it out for if appropriate.