Thigh high boots

RubberVicki

I wore mine for the first time a couple of weeks a go with a short black skirt :smile: Could also try them over skintight black jeans - if cold! jo-jo xx

Don't ask me how I walk in them just try a pair

I like Jo-jo's idea about the skintight jeans. Or leggings even, so long as they are classy for material. Very much skintight jeans or even PVC depending on the look and the place one is going. Off to a club? Skirt, certainly. something a bit loose. Clubs and bars get hot, and the boots are going to make the problem bad enough. Some air flow is needed.

I tried some thigh highs on for the first time yesterday. Not my cup of tea, atleast not the style I tried on. The top of the shafts were too loose, you hade to walk with your legs a bit apart, otherwise the shafts would scrape against eachother.

Me also. I borrow a thigh high boots which have a 4 inch stilettos heels from a friend after hearing from you guys! However, my tight boots always have the tendency to glide down my knees each time I walk. Always needed to stop a while every half an hour to pull it up again. :smile:

Trolldeg and Melissa, you got it right on that problem. That's why selecting a pair that fits snugly around your thighs is so important. There is no such thing as a universaly fitting thigh boot. You will have to search very long before you find your ideal pair but once found they are a delight to wear. Even then pulling them up once in a while (especialy when standing up after sitting down) will be necessary in order to eliminate some wrickles but for me is part of the fun and for girls should be perfect in their omnipresent teasing game. The only negative point in tight fitting boots is the almost impossibility to wear them over your jeans. Borrowed shoes almost never fit right, get a pair of your own that fits your feet, calves and thighs and discover the joys and comfort provided by this form of boot.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

If you have a problem of sinking thigh highs, get a shoe maker or cobbler to sew a length of elastic across the back just below the knee at the top of the calf. They should be able to do it without the stitching showing on the outside of the boot.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I have a pair like that. These BT3 boots are almost like thick pantyhose over a pair of pumps but they are a bit too small and low for my feet. I always had to wear a garter belt with these. http://www.highluc.yucom.be/images/BT3_Beringen_sockboot_6.5cm_1993.jpg

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 2 weeks later...

As I've already shown in another thread, a mini skirt or shorts look just as good as each other when worn with thigh highs. Sometime this year I'm going to fry some brains and wear the thigh highs down the street. Let's see what they have to say then :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I usually wear pants over my boots. I have actually no problem with them sliding down, but I guess it's easier to keep them up if you have the pants on top of the boots and not inside the boots. I do have a pair of pants that are very tight to my leg, but since one pair of my 4" boots are of thick leather (they can stand for themself almost) they make a perfect couple. I also got a pair that is very soft. Since I wear them under my pants, I use a hard rubberband above the knee to keep them up. It works fine for me. ... and now back to... what do I wear to my thigh high boots? Since I'm male I think I'll stick to pants. They should be outside the boots, otherwise I'd look tarty (is there a male version of this word?). I've worn thigh high boots with short pants once, but that was when it was dark outside and just for fun.

My favourite boots: Bronx Scarlet Hi, as in my avatar.

• 4 weeks later...

On 2002-04-01 09:42, RubberVicki wrote:

i don't have a pair, yet! But what would I wear them with?

Would i look too tarty?

I prefer short leather miniskirts, that leave a little bit leg shown in between. Wearing Thighhigh boots is not in fashion, therefore many people misunderstand me wearing them

Never without 5" heels, and always with a very short skirt

• 2 years later...