WANTED: ideas for thread like ELLE thread

kneehighs

Okay, guys, thought I'd have a little fun here and I found another web site forum: http://www.luxuryfashion.com/phpBB2/index.php

I've been lurking here for about a month now, gathering some information about the population there. Since the forums inception in August of 2003, there are 2323 members as of the date of this post. The top 3 posters alone have a combined 20117 posts. Thus, the threads there move very fast and only a choice few survive the first page of selections. The remaining less popular ones swiftly get lost in the maze of archived posts status. With your help posting, the thread can be one of the choice few that remain at the top of the message threads.

The posts I've read at this forum suggest to me that the people at this forum are more open minded that that of ELLE (bumped for people that did not get to see the thread). They seem to come from many age groups (15-40) and many different socio-economic rungs. But for the most part, they seem open minded.

Now I am about to start another thread there along the same lines of the one started at Style.com and Elle.com, but thought that if we pulled together and I got some input from you guys, we could present men in heels in a good, smart, and respectful way. Better as a group, than me and a few others alone.

I want to include photos of men in block heels, men in stilleto heels with the pant leg covering the major part of the heel. But what should I leave as the message? We're not doing it to see what they think of men in heels because we are so terribly self conscious that we can't bear the idea of disapproval, but we are doing it to spread the concept that men in heels is a fashion trend that is catching on. The more we can publicize the concept, the greater the chances that other people like us will find out they are not alone. Search engines will pull threads from the forums, people will talk about it at lunch, on the phone, on the subway....etc, etc.

So what are your thoughts?

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

i think as you say it would do good to spread the word, but its important to get peoples initial idea away from the full crossdress idea, or fetish activities, and represent what we are trying to acheive here correctly. I think when we went head first into the nitwits at elle's forum, we just asked if they would like men in high heels, and they probably got the wrong ideas in their heads. I would suggest asking the opinion of a picture, of a conservative looking bloke in normal mens clothes, jeans etc, and then some heels, maybe mostly hidden or whatever, then back it up by saying it looks the same waist down on men or women, or something along those lines. Something a little different from what we normally would see, but no big deal, and then people might just look and think, that doesnt look so bad. daz

Daz/Kneehighs, Good luck, but from what has been experienced so far, they are so stuck up and opinionated I don't think you will ever get anything positive out of them. Also the people that read those sites are stuck up mainstream fashion followers that I don't think you will get anywhere. I have come to the conclusion that Firefox has always said around here. The best way to promote guys in heels is to just wear them in public and be confident when wearing them. By asking what you think you are asking for permission. By just wearing them you are telling people this is my style and I don't care if you like it or not. I don't remember guys asking for permission to wear ear rings, they just started wearing them and now they are so common I see conservative older men wearing them! Good luck though, you have my backing and support in whatever you do. Scotty

would be a great opportunity to start a busines plan for marketing the fashion and even make money out of it by creating designs and other stuff on your own, imagine if whatever mens brand release an improvement on the shoe like enhancing the heel of a mens shoe, and then people start wearing first 2 inches then 2.5 and at the final of two years the trend start to be pointed shoes with thinner heels and so on, in ythe other hand according to the competition theory everyone will start to release their designs and then the fashion is determined. would be difficult but is not that complicated in terms of chaanging peoples mind dramaticcally, this is not the issue, the objective is to add fashion variety and 'licence of wearing hh shoes in public without being rediculisized by other people", what do you think, post ideas. rgds

V. Morpho

Okay, guys, thought I'd have a little fun here and I found another web site forum: http://www.luxuryfashion.com/phpBB2/index.php

I've been lurking here for about a month now, gathering some information about the population there. Since the forums inception in August of 2003, there are 2323 members as of the date of this post. The top 3 posters alone have a combined 20117 posts. Thus, the threads there move very fast and only a choice few survive the first page of selections. The remaining less popular ones swiftly get lost in the maze of archived posts status. With your help posting, the thread can be one of the choice few that remain at the top of the message threads.

The posts I've read at this forum suggest to me that the people at this forum are more open minded that that of ELLE (bumped for people that did not get to see the thread). They seem to come from many age groups (15-40) and many different socio-economic rungs. But for the most part, they seem open minded.

Now I am about to start another thread there along the same lines of the one started at Style.com and Elle.com, but thought that if we pulled together and I got some input from you guys, we could present men in heels in a good, smart, and respectful way. Better as a group, than me and a few others alone.

I want to include photos of men in block heels, men in stilleto heels with the pant leg covering the major part of the heel. But what should I leave as the message? We're not doing it to see what they think of men in heels because we are so terribly self conscious that we can't bear the idea of disapproval, but we are doing it to spread the concept that men in heels is a fashion trend that is catching on. The more we can publicize the concept, the greater the chances that other people like us will find out they are not alone. Search engines will pull threads from the forums, people will talk about it at lunch, on the phone, on the subway....etc, etc.

So what are your thoughts?

Kneehighs - I think you're catching the right fire! Go with what you described in your initial post. I just became a member of the new board and will follow suit quickly.

Bon Chance!

Addendum... Might be a bit difficult, though - they post more threads per second than Elle did in a minute...

Okay, this Sunday afternoon I will post a thread there. Things are extremely busy at work this week...I'm even working Saturday. See you at Luxfashion forums.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.