Ship of Fools

genebujold

It seems others are experiencing treatment similar to what we might receive, only for a different reason: http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/05/19/cyber.church.ap/index.html

I particularly loved one comment: "When you go out into a different culture first you are going to suffer abuse. We are not worried about it and it does not offend us."

Our own thoughts should be along these lines.

By the way, "Ship of Fools" is the name of the group that runs the website in question.

I particularly loved one comment: "When you go out into a different culture first you are going to suffer abuse. We are not worried about it and it does not offend us."

Truer words I believe were never spoken. It's often human nature to ridicule, abuse, even hate what our narrowminded society perceives as abnormal, and to the world at large, the sight of men wearing women's shoes in public is anything but normal.

I knew going in that I might suffer that sort of (mis)treatment, but I didn't care. I was determined to do what I wanted to do and would deal with any rough times when they came. I'm extremely fortunate in that my co-workers were open and accepting of the fashion choice I dediced to make, as for the rest of society, well, who cares?

:roll:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!