Shoe Size Help!

All,

I need help with two pairs of shoes in the "opposite" direction.

I got these a while ago and they are too big. I've already worn them out a few times and I doubt I could return them. I have tried putting pads in them under the foot and also behind the heel with limited success. Anyone know how to "shrink" a shoe?

Posted Image

--

On the other hand, we got these for my wife and they are slightly too small. She normally wears a 6.5 and they only come in whole sizes. We got the 6 figuring they would stretch. I've tried over the counter shoe stretcher with limited success. Any idea?

Posted Image

Thanks,

Scotty

The traditional remedy for loose shoes is thick socks. This works better in boots than pumps. I use a variety of shoe stretching techniques, some simple, some advanced, most of which can be found on this site or refeence made to them.

Appreciate all your help and advice. Actually on the ones for me, I found that if I don't wear socks, they fit fine. With nylon socks my feet slide out when I walk. I guess I can either wear no socks OR cotton socks (yuk). The ones for my wife, the shoes they sent were actually the wrong ones. We didn't notice right away until I posted the note and saw the picture. It took a LONG time to get them which is why we forgot what we ordered. Anyway, they didn't have her style/size so instead of returning them and taking a loss, her sister who is a size 6 wants them so we are "giving" them to her as a gift (she recently got laid off). Scotty

• 2 months later...

There you go:

Shoe Size Chart

US(ladies) US(men's) EUR UK(ladies) UK(men's)

7 6 38 5 4.5

8 6.5* 39 6 5.5*

9 7 40 7 6.5

10 8 41 8 7.5*

11 9* 42 9 8.5

12 9.5 43 10 9

13 10.5 44 11 10

14 12* 45 12 11

15 13 46 13 12

All conversions are approximate because the UK measurement is (supposedly) based on 1/3 inch difference and EUR based on 8mm. The variance between UK(ladies) and UK(men's) is owing to width.

US sizes are also based on 1/3 inch but girls shoes only go up to 12 instead of 13 as all infant sizes do in UK and boys sizes in US.

EUR sizes start from 10 (theoretically) being an infant size (8cm long).

*not exact, could be as much as ¼ size smaller.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

they are. being on the border of the fashion shops (which eds at uk8) i have menaged to get a few pairs that fit ok, and even a pair of 7's but the odd pair of 8's are way too tight. it is a wierd matter indeed daz

• 4 weeks later...