I've known it to happen...

Mickey S.

Actually this would go for the 'Stories' section as well. But I decided to put it here to encourage other pals to wear high heels in public. One day I felt like it was about right to check what happens when I wore my 5" heeled knee high boots to the gym. Not to do some aerobics in them but just to be seen. Usually there are a couple of very good looking girls as well amongst the crowd. Naturally. There's one girl I always wanted to tell her that she and her whole attire looks very good, especially the heels she wears once in while. But how? It shouldn't sound if was trying to pick her up or something. - I came into the gym. Some looked down at me trying to find out where the typical click-clack-women-shoe-sound came from. They obviously didn't get it since I wore long flared jeans at that time along with the boots. Okay, everything went fine, I changed and did my training course. During that time SHE came in. Looked damn good, wore a fake-fur coat, black pantyhose (the coat wasn't too long so one could take a glimpse) and high heeled (~4"?) black knee high pointed-toe boots. Cool! - After the lesson I got a shower, changed back and tried to leave. I briefly talked to the trainer (who's one of my friends who knows about my passion) and headed for the gym's exit. I had to get through the crowd as there's roughly 100 people attending the aerobic course. Besides that the cute blonde was also one to pass by. Since she looked like an expert regarding clothing, fashion etc. I assumed she would immediately recognize what I wore. I delayed my 'departure' a bit and waited for her to leave. I accepted to be seen by the other girls but to get negative feedback or laughter from HER would have been devastating to me. Okay, since she'd left I went on my way home, meaning headed for my car to drive home. Just outside the gym I hit the concrete floor with my blade heeled boots and that made a lot of noise on that calm evening. A few steps later - I'd already passed the point of no return - I noticed the blond girl was still there. To flee back into the gym would have been ridiculous. She obviously waited for her lady-friend, who also wore heels that night and that was why Blondie turned 'round her head instantly. She was puzzled to see me instead of her. Ooops! What now? She asked me point blank: 'Do you wear girl's shoes?'. I hold on for half a second or so and replied: 'Yes I do wear heeled boots!'. I intentionally omitted the term 'girl's'. Guess what came next! Wrong! She wanted to see what I particularly wore. 'Wow, that looks cool. I couldn't cope with such tall heels!' she said (Remember my guessing on the height of her heels a minute ago? They must have been only 3.5" or so when my heels were too high for her!). I explained: 'Yes, it's 5"'. I still wasn't quite sure about her reaction, but then: 'If you wear heels then you should wear flats once in a while to avoid shortening your tendons...' - WAIT A MINUTE! Am I in the wrong movie? She adviced me how to wear heels properly!!! I don't remember what was next she said. I expected everything but her telling me how to go for wearing heels more often since I always took her for being like 'I'm the woman and you are the man - that's as easy as this is black and this is white'. I was completely wrong, fortunately! -- One week later when we met again at the gym I thanked her for her reaction when she found out about me wearing (ladies') shoes. She told me: 'Hey, that's you! And you can do whatever you want. And if this makes life more colorful then why shouldn't you do it? Don't let them tell you otherwise...!'. Again, I wasn't expecting that... Got encouraged? :roll: CU! -Mike

One more story to build up your courage: It happened to me that I went for a new pair of black knee high stretch leather boots with pointy toes with my local shoe retailer. Okay, I usually wear US ladies 12 but the boots I was interested in came only up to size 10. Hm. Only buying and leaving wasn't an option. Since I know some of these styles would still fit well in my size I had to try them on in the store. Well, I picked the box from the shelf had a seat and pulled them on. I didn't notice the young couple on the other side of the shelf. I already watched myself in the mirror flaunting around how the boots would fit when the couple along with young kids came around the corner. The little girl spotted me first: 'Mummy, mummy look what he's doing'. Mum said: 'If he likes it why shouldn't he go for it? There aren't just us women who are into this...'. - Again, I was completely baffled. The young man (sorta party-look-styled type of a pal) obviously wanted to say something that wasn't according to his wife's philosophy. At least you could tell by looking at his face that he was going to say something. She noticed and looked at him in a way that if he'd said one false word she'd kill him instantly. -- Wow, probably a vast percentage of all the 'regular' folks are not that narrow-minded as one would always assume. CU! -Mike

Great stories Mickey s. Thanks for telling the tales and dispelling some myths. Hope to hear more of your eploits and shoe collection.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

WOW! I'd be like..... :roll: Am I in the Twilight Zone here or something??? :) That's great that you got such a positive response both times you were out. You have good karma on your side...keep at it! Perhaps it IS finally starting to take effect all of us in our respective parts of the world making our fashion tastes known!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 1 month later...

MickeyS.:-) Those certainly were great stories that you related to us. Even though the people involved baffled you with their responses, I think you handled those situations very well. That's thinking on your feet, so to speak. Congratulations---what positive responses. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

...probably a vast percentage of all the 'regular' folks are not that narrow-minded as one would always assume.

CU!

-Mike

You're right!

After four decades of radical elements of change, the vast majority of the TV-watching populace would probably react to the sight of a man wearing heels with a thought like, "ok, so that's the next fad, ok..."

These aren't the people I worry about, however. Rather, it's the political right, which is strange for me to say because I affiliate myself with them more than other ideologies, although when it comes to fashion, I must part ways.

The problem is that they confuse legislating morality (a doubful task in itself) with legislating fashion choices. What one decides to wear on his/her feet has absolutely nothing to do with morality! It's fashion, pure and simple, and fashion changes all the time.

Fortunately, I've quite a picture collection of long-haired founding fathers (and current wig-wearing English judges) as well as heel-wearing 17th Century men to prove the "morality" of my fashion choices should it ever come to court.

"Are you saying, sir, that these unquestionably upstanding citizens and the founders of our nation were comitting moral atrocities?

No further questions, your honor."

> ... no further questions...

Exactly!!!

CU!

-Mike

And asdf174's "Thats cool.

No cooler than your encounter at the gym - that beats my case hands down!

Yes, there are some chicks who respond to the concept of men wearing heels like the infamous Elle poster who said, "not on MY man!"

On the other extreme there are women who actually find it attractive, sexually stimulating, etc.

But having read the posts from most of the women posters on this board and surveys on other websites, I suspect that less than a third of all women would "go for it," while a third would be indifferent, and the final third would say, "yeah, baby!"

Ok, make it the final tenth and stretch the middle response to match...

Regardless, most women don't care whether you're into wearing heels or not. What they care about are the usual relational characteristics - Will you be there for them? Will you talk to them regularly? Will you accept them as they are? Will you support them in their efforts/endeavors? Will you hold them when they need holding? Will you forsake others in your affections for them? Will you care for them when things aren't so nice as they were when you first met?

Men have similar desires...

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Sorry that I dug out this old thread. I was just browsing my stories I'd put up here because by reading others' I was tempted to check if everything's still there. Unfortunately one is missing that I thought of to be around. It may have gone lost in last year's crash.

About 4 years or so I went shoe shopping with my s/o again. She was looking for some sandals for summer. I didn't think it was boring because I had another chance to explore the shoe shelfs for 'appropriate' footwear. I already had a pair of those (already featured here) but wanted another pair just in case the first one's worn off with that particular style being no longer available at that time.

My girl was browsing the more practical shoe section while I kept checking on those high heel platform boots. Since both shelves were directly vice versa my s/o and I could talk about the shoes we focussed on respectively. So I just wanted to make sure that the manufacturer didn't change the production and gave my platform boots 'to be' a try. And all that right in front of all the other customers. A couple right behind us (the way they looked they both seemed to be more interested in hiking shoes) looked at us and first and foremost at me what I probably had in mind as I unpacked the boots (from the box) and pulled my street shoes off. So I pulled the boots on and took a look in the mirror to see what they would look like (as if I didn't know ;o) ). The two folks behind us stood there, didn't say a single word and kept watching - again - literally with their jaws hitting the ground. When I was done evaluating I just put the boots back in the box, grabbed the box and my g/f and I went for the checkout. I would have really liked to know for how long the hiking-couple kept standing there looking at each other and the door we left the shop...

CU!

-Mike

Wow, great thread! Can't believe I'm now just reading it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Mickey, Cool story. Although I haven't worn my stilleto heels out in public (except for that one dinner with my sister-in-law), I haven't had any negative reactions either. The closest I've had was some stares for a few seconds. Yesterday I wore my thick clogs to work because they had the best tread for the snow. I noticed my co-worker looking at my feet a few times, but he never said anything negative nor did I get any negative reactions (as in being treated any different than normal). Matter of fact, I think they are used to seeing me in wedge heels now:) Scotty

Thanks. They are! I think I might start wearing them with my jeans (wore jeans on Monday cause of the snow, but every Friday is jean day). They don't look as good with dress pants. Wearing my avatar boots today with dark blue dress pants and a green/blue pattern dress shirt.