My story

Hello from Russia. I want to tell you a little about myself, I am a man, straight, I have a beautiful, loving wife and daughter. I've always liked wearing high-heeled shoes. I clearly remember that the first time I felt the urge to wear high heels was when I was about 2 years old, when I saw high-heeled shoes on my mom's feet. Therefore, I think that my love for high heels has been with me since birth. At first, I tried on my mom's shoes, but then, closer to the age of 14, my foot grew and at the same time I decided for myself not to wear high heels anymore, because I thought that this was not normal. But at the age of 16, I realized that I was depriving myself of some important component of my life, without which it would be incomplete. Closer to the age of 20, I met my wife, with whom we have been living for more than 20 years. I was afraid to tell her about my addiction right away. It was only after 5 years of a relationship that I finally plucked up the courage and told her that I would like to wear high-heeled shoes. She was surprised, but she didn't say a single negative word and helped me choose my first pair, they were 13 cm stilettos. The moment I realized that my wife didn't mind my fascination with high heels, I felt like the happiest man in the world. Since then, I have been constantly replenishing my collection, which now has more than 30 pairs. For the most part, these are shoes and boots with stilettos from 13 to 18 cm, mostly without a platform. I wear all my shoes exclusively at home. I really want to wear stilettos in public, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to decide on it.  Thanks to you, the people who post on this site, I still plucked up the courage and decided to sometimes wear cowboy boots with 11 cm block heels in public, which I recently purchased for this purpose.  I really wanted to go out for a walk in these boots with my wife, but she categorically refused.  I took two short walks alone in these boots, about 20 minutes each, in the park, early in the morning, when it was still dark.  Like many of us, I was very anxious to see the reaction of the few people who saw me. I was seen by a young man who was jogging, I got the impression that he didn't even notice my heels. Another day, a married couple with a dog saw me, it seems to me that they saw my heels and began to discuss me, but I'm not sure, because I quickly got into the car and drove away. After about 2 weeks, I had to make a trip to another city. I decided that on the way to this city I would drive a car in boots, and so it was, but I did not have the courage to get out of the car in these boots and show myself in public, before each exit I changed into ordinary shoes. Then I lived in another city for a few days. Every evening, after sunset, I walked through the dimly lit evening streets in high heels. The few people I met along the way didn't tell me anything, although I heard some of them discussing me, others probably didn't even notice that I was wearing heels. Then it was time to return to my hometown, and I decided for myself that I would be wearing heels everywhere the whole way back. I visited several gas stations in the daytime in heels and did not receive a single negative review in my face, I only remembered the look of one guy, we almost came face to face, but it was most likely surprise. And a few months ago, I managed to persuade my wife to go for a walk, during which I put on my cowboy boots. We were walking near the house in the park, after sunset, I don't think any of the passers-by saw my heels this time. Although maybe I was just busy talking to my wife. Walking together with a loved one had a relaxing effect on me and gave me more confidence, for this reason I did not focus my attention on the reactions of others. I told my wife about my feelings. She replied that she had experienced some stress during the walk, although I admit I didn't even notice it. Now we walk in the park from time to time, I'm putting on my cowboy boots, but only in the evening. I don't know when I'll have the courage to go out in heels in the afternoon.  I apologize in advance for such a long post, but I couldn't get any shorter. I want to thank all the participants once again, thanks to your posts, I realized that there is nothing unusual in my hobby, I just like to wear elegant shoes with high stiletto heels, which historically society has called women's. 
I hope that my story will help other men to talk more openly about their desires and wear shoes, clothes and things that they like.

• Like 3

Welcome to the site - it's a very friendly place here and a lot of people have had similar experiences and worries - although not everyone has such a tolerant and understanding wife. I just wear boots, typically with 8 to 10cm blocky heels, although I have a couple pair of stilettos. I don't wear my stilettos out - for one thing I've not practiced enough in them to be graceful - but I do wear my chunky heeled boots a lot and don't seem to be noticed, certainly not commented on. 

I can imagine it would be lovely to walk with a loved one - much less stressful, and quite uplifting. Not an experience I've had, unfortunately. 

Again, welcome to the forum!

• Like 1