Ballet boot heel tips

For those unaware, there is this issue with Pleaser Devious Ballet Boots where the heel tip makes standing up in said boots impossible (I know that's the point, but stick with me).

Is it better to cut half of the heel tip off, or something else? I know that this is a thing for helping experienced wearers walk in them, but I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance.

When I had a pair I cut about 10mm off the heels. This made them jst about walkable for me.

Pull out the tip, peel back the covering, cut the heel with a hacksaw or dremel. Hold the scrap bit in the vice so as not to cause damage. May need to drill the hole a little deeper before gluing back the covering and replacing the tip.

11 hours ago, at9 said:

When I had a pair I cut about 10mm off the heels. This made them jst about walkable for me.

Pull out the tip, peel back the covering, cut the heel with a hacksaw or dremel. Hold the scrap bit in the vice so as not to cause damage. May need to drill the hole a little deeper before gluing back the covering and replacing the tip.

Hmmmm. Maybe it's better for an experienced cobbler to do this kind of thing because I'm sure I would break something. I would also advise him to take a quarter inch or 10mm off the tip. 😐

Don't understand abou taking length off the tip. The tip is perhaps a quarter of an inch tall. Take length off the main part of the heel. Please post a photo of the heel so that we can be sure.

4 hours ago, at9 said:

Don't understand abou taking length off the tip. The tip is perhaps a quarter of an inch tall. Take length off the main part of the heel. Please post a photo of the heel so that we can be sure.

Okay. I'll get back once I've done this.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2021 at 6:19 PM, at9 said:

In the month after this post I haven't been as I'm waiting for my covid jab; but I've been thinking this:

Is it a better or alternative idea to have the toe sole area expanded to match the extra heel length or not?

Short of casting a sort of platform in resin etc I can't see any way to raise the sole. Just lower the heel. It's not difficult.

• Like 1