I've only gone and done it....!

NikkiHH

Well after reading all these messages about going out in heels in public and how good it is, I went and did it yesterday. I got on the train up to London and when no-one was looking and when going through a tunnel, I pulled off my trainers and pulled on my three inch block heel knee length boots under my rather long trousers (which you can only see perhaps the bottom inch of heel whilst walking), and braced myself for going for a walk round town. I got off at Charing Cross, very self conscious about the noise of my heels, and walked through the fairly busy concourse (it was nearly rush hour) all the while looking to see if anyone was pointing and gawping, but nothing. I went off behind St. Martins, along to Covent Garden (I had no clue how akward walking on those cobbles are) all around there past groups of teenagers - still nothing. Ok, along and through Soho, occasionally running across roads into the odd shop. Zip. Down to Leicester Square along the Charing Cross Road down to Embankment over the river. (For those of you who know where I'm talking about, those steps are very noisy in heels). By now my feet were a bit sore so I popped into the South Bank Centre and into the loos to change back, and as soon as I walked out I saw a woman wearing what looked like exactly the same pair of boots I had just taken off! I It was a remarkable day all in all. Even more so as when I met up with my girlfriend later on, we were talking about individuality and non-conforming but to cut a long story short - I came out to her. I beared my soul. Told her all about my crossdressing past and going out in public wearing heels and no-one noticing or caring. Her response was amazing - she said she wished she could have spotted something was up sooner (we have been going out 2 years), admittidly it did come as somewhat of a shock but we talked it all through till the wee small hours she seems OK with it all and is glad that I told her. I showed her by boots too, to which she replied "All this time I've been looking for tall boots and you already had a pair!" It goes to show that if people are true friends then thay can see beyond appearance to what really matters - the person that they are. NikkiHH

Congratulations! :drinking: You see? It's no big deal. The traffic makes more noise than your heels. I'm Dutch, but I know where you've been, and it's quite a long walk. I stayed in a hotel near Piccadilly Circus last year and I did a walk from Piccadilly Circus to Leicester Square, to Charing Cross Road, I did Oxford Street twice because I had to go back to the hotel. Later I went to Madame Tussaud's in heels and no one said anything! And I have to say you have a wonderful girlfriend! :D Robert

the reason why i like london so much. its so busy that noone cares enough to notice anyone else, and you can go about your heeling as much as you want without a care in the world, as i recently have done on a weekend trip. congrats mate by the way. glad your girlfriend accepts it. i remember my own joy when jade wasnt bothered. ps, the board does help and encourage a great deal, illustrating everyone elses escapades and experiences, but im sure youve figured out, its your own determination to do what you want that you have to thank for breaking the ice, more so than us members! daz

I can't believe I lived in London for three years and didn't do this earlier! Its true that when you are in London no-one gives a monkeys, Daz! Determination and only a small blister later - well worth it, but maybe I'll try lower heels for a while.......nah.

blinkin' townies!!! here's a real challenge for you:Pewsey on market day! If heelfan is watching I am working there again 5Th to 8Th april!!!! :D

keen to meet other uk male heel wearers to try & boost my confidence to wear heels in public

• 2 weeks later...

NikkiHH:-) Congratulations on your first heeling adventure on the streets of your town as it sounds like you had a long and enjoyable walk. It is good that you told your girlfriend about being a CD and wearing heels. It seems that she will go along with it and who knows---she may borrow your boots instead of getting her own pair. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Hello Nikki, and WELL DONE! It's a glorious and liberating feeling isn't it? Hope we can look forward to seeing you on our future UK Heel-Meets - see under "Real Life Meetings". Hello FGWJON! Hope to read a report of your new experiences collecting train tickets in heels at Pewsey. Your report of your conversation with the lady passenger last time you were there was hilarious! Fraid I won't be there myself, because as I posted on "Real Life Meetings", I'm having to put my heely adventures on hold until the end of June because we're currently concentrating on the closing-down sale of our large shop. After that I'll be hyper-heel-active again! Anyway - have a good one! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!