The buzz of new hosiery

RubberVicki

Hmm! A most interesting question! While I've never made a conscious effort to keep track of how long my hosiery lasts, I'd put a rough estimate at around a month or two, sometimes longer if I'm careful. I never wear the same pair two days in a row (I usually have around two dozen pairs of varying colors and more than one pair of each), I keep my toenails trimmed so they don't snag on the hose and I always put lotion on my legs before I put on my hose. Those steps help my hose last longer. I know that might sound strange coming from a man, but I enjoy wearing hosiery (don't feel dressed for a day at the office without it) and do what I can to take care of it.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 3 months later...

I have several pairs of panty-hose that I wear daily. I wear them once and then they go into the bin to be washed for the next time. I keep my legs shaved as the stuble makes it hard to pull a pair on as the stuble begins to grab the panty-hose and causes premature wear. I also use lotion on my feet from time to time and keep my toe-nails trimmed frequently. There is nothing as sexy and satifying as pulling a pair of panty-hose over freshly shaven legs. The feeling is incredible. I also wash my new panty-hose once before wearing them as I think that makes them last longer. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I love opening and putting on new stockings in a style or colour I've never tried before and I hate it when a favourite pair gets laddered. I always wash them at the end of the day, and if they are very precious ones I wear gloves to put them on. I have my legs waxed regularly as I hate the look of even fine hair showing through sheer nylons, particularly as my work often brings me into close proximity to other people. I feel very self-conscious if I am sitting beside someone and my thighs are showing hints of hair - much less of a problem in the winter when I am more likely to be in dark colours or opaques. Sometimes stockings get laddered in less than a day, sometimes they can last for weeks. Opaques can last for at least one winter uinless I am unlucky enough to snag them on a broken nail or something. My special stockings go back into their packaging after they are dry.

Just like Anne_Louise, I wear soft cotten gloves when putting my panty-hose on and again when I remove them for the day. It's a little trick that I picked up from my Mom to help prevent any rough hand skin from snagging the panty-hose. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• 2 years later...

Oh, Yes!. . . There's nothing like the opening of a new pair of hosiery!. . . To me it's almost like opening a birthday or a Christmas present!. . . Especially so with the hose of better quality or if you should happen to find a pair of vintage stockings still in the box or package!. . . . jay_nyca1 "Hose & Heels, 4Ever!"