Boot stores in England

badger

A friend of mine will be in England later this month. He is visiting from Africa. He would like to buy a pair of black knee boots in size 12. He must buy in person and pay cash. Can anybody give me the names, addresses, phone numbers or websites of good boot stores? The boots are for him, not his wife. He wants a nice 3 or 4 inch heel. Zipper or pull on. If you need more information, please let me know. Badger

Everyone should wear boots!

I think Xaphod means Elephantfeet of Brixton, South London. Magnus are in Chiltern Street, central London. Brantano (many branches) have chunky heeled kneeboots which normally go up to size 9 0r 10 maximum, but they tell me they will be going up to size 12 or higher for certain selected lines, so ask them at the counter. Also Evans Ltd. sometimes go up to size 12. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, I phoned the number which is for the shoe store. The address is correct also. They said they were having problems with their web provider. They also said they were a warehouse, not a shop, but if people made an appointment, they could try on shoes at the warehouse. Xa