Uh-oh! Unknown is part of the "6-inch heels" club

Don't worry for now. The first time I slipped on 6" pumps, when I tried standing up, I fell forward. Try wearing some lower heels (4" or 5") for awhile, then switch to the 6" heels. You might be surprised. When I first started wearing 6" high heels, it was hard to slip them on because my toes would not bend easily. So I tried a simple exercise. I would stand in barefeet about one foot apart. Then I would stoop down by bending my knees and keeping my upper torso upright. Then I would place my knees and hands on the ground in front of me while lifting my heels but keeping the toes flat on the floor. I would hold this position for about 30 seconds. You'd be surprise how this would help your toes bend when wearing those 6" heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Ooh, I like... more pictures coming soon? :D

If I can get a nice, sexy, skirt to go with 'em, definitely.

(Or at least some nice stockings)

---

@PJ: 4" and 5" are no problem for me. I learned the hard way that these have a different 'learning curve".

Someday.....

Daz wrote:

When I first started wearing 6" high heels, it was hard to slip them on because my toes would not bend easily.

Try 7" heels. I never thought I would ever get my toes to bend sharply enough to put them on. Still hard to keep my knees straight for any length of time when standing in them. Walking? carefully and slowly! carefully and slowley! :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Try 7" heels. I never thought I would ever get my toes to bend sharply enough to put them on. Still hard to keep my knees straight for any length of time when standing in them. Walking? carefully and slowly! carefully and slowley! :D

You are absolutely correct. Even when I got used to bending my toes into 6" pumps, it's a painfull strain to bend them further for 7" pumps. I have yet to be able to stand in 7" pumps though.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

There is more than one step to learning to wear 7" heels (pumps). It's the same learning process as getting used to wearing 5" heels. Remember how hard it was to walk while wearing 5" heels the first time you tried? Going from 5" to 7" is not a good idea. Actually, if I had it to do over, I would have become used to wearing 5½", 6" and, maybe 6½" heels first. With 7" heels, the first difficulty is that you have to train your toes to bend at the extreemly acute angle required just to put them on your feet. This isn't easy, by any stretch of the imagination. And, can be painful until you get used to bending them that far. Secondly, standing is initially very difficult because your ankles really aren't that flexible and are not used to bending that far. It seems impossible the first time. The third part -- or second part of standing up while wearing 7" heels -- is your knees. It seems impossible, at first, that you will ever be able to fully straighten your knees to the point that you are standing straight up, fully erect. Practice, practice, practice. After some time, slipping your feet into pumps with 7" heels will be as easy as slipping them into heels with 4" heels. Walking will become natural and it will see like you are wearing flat shoes when you change back into 5" heels. One just has to stick to it (persevere). :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...