New to this forum.

I have been looking at this forum for some time but reluctant to join in. Seems like a waste of time talking about shoes, but here I am. The short story is I live in a western red neck town where men are men and sheep are nervous. The usual reaction to me wearing womens shoes is a grin and "Are ya goin dancin'? " or the point and laugh routine. I am 55 and have been wearing women's shoes since high school. I wear all types. Heels are fun but not in the snow. Ihave a ways to go to make Imelda Marcos jealous, but I have over 200 pair. In all my years I have only seen only one other guy wearing women's shoes. I thought I must be kind of wierd or perverted. Apparently not. I try not to waste too much mental real estate thinking about what I wear on my feet, but as you must know, the feeling and the frustration is always there. You just have to deal with it the best you can. Glad to be part of this. I have a real life, but will visit from time to time.

Hi Blackslide! Welcome! You're the same age as member Anita C and four years younger than me! The youngsters on these Forums will be encouraged to know that us old'uns can still get a lot of pleasure out of our heel-wearing (see my life-story under the "Stories" section below). My mummy is approaching eighty now, and is still wearing 4" stilettos on occasion! To show that you are not alone as a heel-wearing fella, from the look of it there are now over 1150 members on this board alone, and only a minority of us (probably less than 50) are girls, which must leave about 1,100 fellas! Not bad, eh? Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

I have a feeling you're going to fit right in here. I also sympathize with you, in that I live in a town that would most certainly never appreciate my going outside in heels. (Not that I've ever tried it, but I wish I could.) I suppose wearing around the house will have to do for now. But, don't despair. You're among kindred spirits. :-)

• 1 month later...

Lucy, hello. So glad there is another of the 'older generation' here - and your mother even more so! I'm always in high stilettos and on the receiving end of the usual questions. The thing is, I hardly ever see anyone else wearing anything higher than about 4'' in my bit of rural s.w., so I do tend to look a bit exceptional in my skyscrapers - not that I mind too much, it is nice to be different, but just occasionally to know that I'm not completely mad would be reassuring! I just can't stop myself wearing them now so I shall have to go on til I drop!

Just a quick note to say welcome! Anne Lousie you sound like an amazing heel wearer. It would be great to hear more of you your experiences in heels, and what made you start wearing them. Also please tell us more what it’s like to stand all day in such heels!! All the Best Fred

Blackslide:-) Nate:-) Lucy:-) Anne_Louise:-) Let me take this chance to welcome all of you to the "High Heel Meeting Place Forum". This is the nicest group of people from all around the globe who will help you in any way they can. I, for one, will be looking forward to reading your postings---so have fun and post away. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I don't suppose I should be posting any more in this section as I'm not 'new' any more - just 'newish'! However, I wanted to say how glad I am to have found this site. I'm quite new to the internet generally, and my explorations have at times led me up some very dubious avenues indeed! It's all part of the learning process, and I'm becoming more able to avoid things that I'd rather not see. However, I've discovered that almost anything we wear can have a sexual or fetishistic connotation for someone, so it's not worth worrying too much if my shoes or other clothing causes more than a flutter of unseemly interest in some minds - it's just important that we express ourselves as true to our characters as we can. I'm even newer to discussion forums, and the learning continues! This site is fascinating to me because it explores one of my favourite clothing subjects. I've already had some lovely responses to my interminable postings, as well as some private messages and e-mails, so thank you to everyone who has made me feel so welcome here.

I don't suppose I should be posting any more in this section as I'm not 'new' any more - just 'newish'! However, I wanted to say how glad I am to have found this site. I'm quite new to the internet generally, and my explorations have at times led me up some very dubious avenues indeed! It's all part of the learning process, and I'm becoming more able to avoid things that I'd rather not see. However, I've discovered that almost anything we wear can have a sexual or fetishistic connotation for someone, so it's not worth worrying too much if my shoes or other clothing causes more than a flutter of unseemly interest in some minds - it's just important that we express ourselves as true to our characters as we can. I'm even newer to discussion forums, and the learning continues! This site is fascinating to me because it explores one of my favourite clothing subjects. I've already had some lovely responses to my interminable postings, as well as some private messages and e-mails, so thank you to everyone who has made me feel so welcome here.