Where Is Ionic?

Does anyone know what's happened to Ionic? He joined the Forums in September 2003, proved a particularly enthusiastic poster, and over the next three months contributed a spectacular 376 postings. Then on 17 December his postings came to an abrupt halt with nothing whatsoever since. He keenly attended several of our 2003 UK Heel-Meets, and had shown initial interest in attending the forthcoming Paris Heel-Meet. I have been sending him PMs regarding this, but with no reply. Anyone got any news of Ionic? I do hope he is OK! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Could it be possible he's having computer problems? Or maybe internet server problems? Or maybe went on a holiday? Or with a name like his, he did what many atoms do .... he split.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

:

;):DHiya ~ ~ ~ ~ I'm back!!! :);)

Actually I've been with you all in spirit if not with my actual presence; it even appears my registration survived the 'great hack' though my old avatar has bitten the dust. I needed a break, had things-to-do and had to edit out a few distractions by cutting down on time spent in all sorts of forums not just this kind of forum.

The things-to-do kept dragging out and I didn't intend to be away so long. So after all this time a few friendly names seem missing but a few old ones happily still about.

Anyway the time has been well spent, I might not have been talking about heels but I've certainly been buying boots and shoes with gusto then adjusting them to get them to fit. My ancient collection (perhaps a trunk-and-a-half full) is now greatly expanded and I can't move round the place for tripping over shoes and shoe-boxes. No point asking me for photos now, but I'll work on it as and when I get a chance and read the rules meanwhile for how to do it.

When I had to give the feet some TLC and rest, I began to collect very low styles too so I could at least wear something with a heel most of the time. The result is that whatever purpose I'm going out for, I probably have something I can wear without problems. There is a recent posting from the end of last month talking about one's individual 'comfort level' and that is certainly a useful way of looking at the issue ~ so I'll select some footwear within my comfort level for the occasion/location/audience/time of day.

For 18 months I've been fortunate in that the old school across from me has been shrouded in scaffold and sheeting during conversion works and half the block around it was boarded up too; this has all given plenty of cover for comings and goings. Since the late spring the flats have become occupied and my front path is now overlooked by two or three flats and the whole wing looks over the street. It's going to be a bit trickier from now on. There's also a motor mechanic across the next alley perhaps thirty yards away and they often hang around outside so this is another reason to be discreet during working hours.

The other interesting effect is that fulfilling the inner need in this continual, if conservative manner, has lessened my interest in the more fetish end of my collection (which is fairly modest anyway); they don't come out of their boxes so often now. Doesn't change what I like on women ~ OF COURSE ! :lol::oops:

One of the first stops will be to pop into the repair room and have a couple of consultations with Dr. Shoe - I have a number of troubleshooting problems to resolve.

That's enough boring old carry on, time to get posting! :wink:

Generally please bear with me if I can't find the right threads for things 'till I find my way around again, I'll at least attempt to find an old topic where I can.

cheers /I

/I

Welcome back Ionic from an equally enthusiatic relatively new member.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Welcome Back Ionic! Your excellent above posting answered "What's happened to Ionic?" very well! I'm very bust supervising building work on the property next to Melanie's Peachy Shoes, but hope to oganise as Heelmeet later in the year. See you there I hope! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Welcome Back Ionic! Your excellent above posting answered "What's happened to Ionic?" very well! I'm very bust supervising building work on the property next to Melanie's Peachy Shoes, but hope to organise a Heel-meet later in the year. See you there I hope! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

:

hi guys, good to hear from you all.

I get 'bust' supervising building work too! :wink:

horrid isn't it?

The server here has got a bit flacky hasn't it? Was locked out for a whole day after my first few new posts.

That old signature is a bit tired and weary ~ thinking of a new one will have to go [low down!] on my 'to do' list.

I think I've found a temporary avatar image to use while looking for a more permanent one.

/I

/I

: I've seen a few references to the 'Ugly' shoe thread; well I searched and couldn't work out which was the one intended, could someone point the way? It must have a different title I expect. I found a really nasty example on eBay which I have to share the giggle with you all. _ I thought it would be drole to have a topic on funny eBay encounters with other traders, also weird and hilarious listings with pix as necessary, and generally rant about eBay as source of heels. Any objections people to putting it in the 'For Everyone' forum? /I

/I

<<< look left <<<

~ ~ right, that's got some sort of avatar up for now ~ ~

fyi: it's a pair of boots just passed through eBay a few days ago, they are from Faith and olive in colour with a reasonably squared off toe box; they were pretty fully priced and I couldn't see myself going out in them so not purchased. beauties for a high street boot though. :lol:

and if they are different to as described then I've changed the avatar since this message!! :wink:

_

when I click the submit button I'll be saying goodbye to my 4" strappy sandals ranking which I was getting rather fond - they're rather smart.

/I

PS: here is the auction for the faith olives boots:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7702869479&category=53555&rd=1

Ended: 02-Aug-05 22:15:06 BST

/I