1890s heels?

GrayLion

This is perfect! My sister in law began giving my wife a bit of guff over my heels since their last visit. Her husband didn't mind, just shrugged it off and we sat around drinking beers and swapping stories like always. But for some reason, it seemed to both her. Later on that night, we entered a discussion about the history of dress, and how the concept of men not wearing heels, skirts, dresses, or long-flowing robes has only existed in industrialized society over the last 100 years or so, and she said I was nuts, that heels, skirts, dresses, etc. are "women's clothes," and any man who wore them was crossdressing! I think I'm going to send her the link and ask her to reevaluate history, particularly Biblical history... I don't know which will floor her more - the shot of Greek soldiers in what appear to our modern eyes to be miniskirts, or the one of Ancient Hebrew Noblemen in what appear to our modern eyes to be long flowing dresses! I does appear that somewhere between the 1600's and the 1800's that men slowly went daft, turning their lederhosen into pants and raising their warm skirts and robes until the hemline was so high it afforded no more protection to the legs against the wind than do modern coats. Sheer lunacy!

If you do send her the link, what do you think the chances are that she will alter her opinion after looking at it? Infact, what do you think the chances are that she will even look at it? As far as this issue is concerned, this is really between you and your wife. If your wife is ok with it, what business it of her sisters to critize your dress? Perhaps you can point out a characteristic of hers that is undesirable and rag on her husband about it? :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.