nicjasno's new boots

Ok, i couldn't resist them, they were so gorgeous. They're european size 40 and here is my problem (that's the largest size they're available in). While i can get the foot in easily, there's no way that i can close the zipper. The shoe is half an inch too narrow in the ankle area. The shoes are made out of soft leather. Any suggestions how to strech the boot shaft to fit?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gorgeous boots indeed! That is a common problem and has happened to me too several times. I usually don't buy the boots in thsoe cases, though :-) You could close the zip and get something conical just a tad larger than what it could normally handle (eg a coke or juice bottle) and jam that down the shaft when you have soaked the leather in stretching fluid. I was told that stretching fluid is rubbing alcohol and water mixed, if you can't find commercial streching fluid. Then let it dry, and take a larger shape for next round. After about 10 cycles and a few days ahead you have a significantly enlarged ankle area. Good luck, and tell us how you proceed!

What's all the fuss about?

I'll just want to add my envious comment about finding a pair of boots so nice and still not wearable... I went through about 30-40 shoeshops (is it?) two years ago and could not find a pair (labeled EU 41-42) fitting my EU 43 feet. Until I stumbled over a pair of ankle boots (labeled EU 41) that fit like a glove... I very soon asked the shop to stow away a second par for me (which the happily did on their second and last pair in that size), but this pair unfortunately lacks the (convenient) space to allow a mens sock between the foot and the boot itself... -Well I suppose the Chinese are not too careful when massproducing for the westerns... :D TallSwede