Latin Dance Shoes

newheeler

I was wondering if anybody have them (man's dance shoe with about 1.5"-1.3/4" cuban heels.) Are they wearable outside or is it rather for dance floors? How difficult are they to handle?

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

If they are really ballroom dance shoes, they probably have a thin suede leather sole, so they won't slip on a polished dance floor. And the uppers are fairly thin, also, as they are light weight. They wouldn't hold up too well for street wear. I have some, but have never worn them, but a lot of better dancers do. I just wear the regular dance shoes. People carry their dance shoes in a shoe bag and change at the dance places.

• 1 month later...

I've only just seen this thread, so a late response. There are plenty of men's cuban heeled slip-on shoes available (typically about 1.75" high) that are very similar to Latin dance shoes but intended for normal street wear. If you Google you will find them readily. I have a pair which are very comfortable and can be worn anywhere apart from very formal occasions. .As BobHH says, true dance shoes are of lighter construction and with non-slip soles.