Buying Heels On A Layaway.

Curt

Anybody bought heels on a layaway? Some designer or expensive stores offer this. You can get a chance to buy something you really want without spending all your money in one day.

If you are getting the "heels to die for", the expense and the steps to their ownership are just formalities. However, getting into a payment option would definitely have to be the choice of the owner-to-be. It might be as well to start a special savings budget now, so that the control of the funds is in your hands to give you better odds should other options come forth. While preparing to buy the only pair of heels you'll ever want for the rest of your life (this moment), put the same amount in a high heel fund for your next heel purchase, as you get the "heels to die for" out of hawk (lay-a-way). I feel bad that we have to consider getting something like a mortgage loan to purchase a pair of shoes, but you know back in the Middle Ages, shoes were quite expensive to make and only the wealthy could afford and own what was considered quality footwear back then. I suppose that most apparel stores will have lay-a-way plans for Christmas. However, be careful! You could end up paying quite a large percentage over the original price.

Haven't really bought anything on layaway because from what I heard a lot of time when you finally get it out it is dated especially with fashion. Like how color blocking is in at the moment but a few months from now it probably will be labeled as tacky.

Having savings put aside is probably the best solution, so you can out a cap on how much tou want to spend. The store I buy my shoes, they bring out shoes in a certain season. Once they are all sold, they are gone forever. The layaway works good because there is no interest. You put down 25%, and 3 more months to pay it off. So at that point, I look forward to getting the shoes in my possession. This was, I have no desire to buy any other shoes for the next 3 months. In essence, I keep my spending in check. And you also can't put more than one on a lawaway at the same time. This way heels won't take over my like, and I'm ablle to pay my other bills I have to pay. At the end, I have to boots I really want, and didn't spend too much at one time. At any time you change your mind, you can get a refund. Good quality boots will last a lifetime, if they are taken cared for. I have a few pairs of shoes from the early 70s, and they still look stunning!

IME, layaways don't charge a percentage and in my case I will have paid for them in a few weeks, long before the design has become dated.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.