Looking for heels

Heelboykiz

Be very careful when contemplating that two-thong "flip flop" style of high heel. We guys are usually heavier than girls, and I find that our body weight can force our feet to slide more readily down the two thongs in a most painful way, forcing your toe-gap hard up against the toe-post. My solution was to go instead for a straight mule version with a single low-cut strap over the toes. Also, I think the slap-slap-slap of mules is sexy, and tends to be more effective with a single toe-strap (if low-cut) than with the two thongs coming up the sides of the feet. Also, in your other thread asking about starting-age and poverty problems, I've tried to offer you some general advice. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Be very careful when contemplating that two-thong "flip flop" style of high heel. We guys are usually heavier than girls, and I find that our body weight can force our feet to slide more readily down the two thongs in a most painful way. My solution was to go for a straight mule version with a single low-cut strap over the toes. Also, I think the slap-slap-slap of mules is sexy, and tends to be more effective with a single toe-strap (if low-cut) than with the two thongs coming up the sides of the feet.

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

I, too, have found that the thong heel is somewhat painful, but only in manmade materials. When it's done in leather uppers and lowers, it's highly adaptive.

About six months ago, I ballooned from my usual 170# to just over 200# (don't ask why - I don't know). It's rapidly coming back off with little intervention from myself, but in the meantime...

I found the following toe-thong from Pella Moda to be very comfortable, even when I was at my worst weight:

Posted Image

In fact, it's still my favortie around the house shoe because of its comfort.

Speaking of which, I'd like to ask the following question:

Which is masculine, and which is feminine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think most would realize it's not a matter of the heel - both shoes are made by the same mfg to the same specs. The only difference is the instep strap design - one which a guy in long pants could get away with wearing, and one in which he'd be singled out because of its floral design.

I suppose my point is that all things being equal, it's not so much the height of the heel as it is the masculinity of the shoe, along with the way you wear it.

genebujold is correct in his anaylsis of the masculinity of the two different slides. The one with the floral design is obviously more feminine. I think this point has been made several times before on this form, hasn't it?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.