Anime/mecha collections

I've been into japanese animation for some time (otherwise known as anime) and have become really into a series called "The Big O". They released 4 DVD's of it, and a couple of action figure sets - each with one of the main robots and two standup figures.

This is set #1 with The Big O (main robot) along with Roger Smith, the pilot, and R. Dorothy Wayneright:

Posted Image

and this is set #2 with The Big Duo (was only seen in Episode #12 and briefly in 13),along with another posed Roger Smith, and Angel:

Posted Image

I should note that the robots are not to scale with the other figures. In the series, they are MUCH MUCH larger, like small buildings unto their own right. On the "Big Duo", that little teal sphere in the chest is a cockpit for the person to sit inside of, which as a nice-sized chair and control consoles.

Yeah...I do love robots & anime. How about the rest of you?

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

-Harvey Fierstein

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShockQueen on 2002-03-04 10:13 ]</font>

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

• 2 weeks later...

The Japanese love this sort of thing don't they? And who else could think of Pokemon, which I suppose is a related phenomenon. I'm sure I could get into it, some of the artwork is great, but life's too short to appreciate everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Very true, which is why I pick and choose the things I take an interest in... heels (and fashion), anime, art, and music are my favorite vices.

On a similar vein, does anyone remember Project Starfleet? That had large robots and space vehicles as well as many tiny sphere shaped robots that controlled most of the functions around the control centre.

Pokemon? Isn't that the show where people enslave animals in spheres and force them to fight for amusement and glory? And they say cockfighting is bad, yet allow this type of show on television. Why don't we teach children to bait some bears? Rabid dog fights in a pit? :smile:

Was Project Starfleet live action, marionation, or animated? I remember a marionation show called "Star Fleet" a number of years ago.......

it was marionation! you remember well!

Starfleet was the generalised title. Project Starfleet was the full correct title, but thought to be too long for kids to remember.

Project Starfleet is also the name of the album that Brian May (Queen guitarist), Eddie Van Halen, Alan Gratzer, Phil Chen and Fred Mandel colaborated on.

For a little more information try : http://www.pemcom.demon.co.uk/queen/strfleet/

I thought it sounded familiar. I watched the episodes when it was on cable here, and got very addicted to it. Of course, I love sci-fi series and things with giant robots in them. A little aside note....has anyone seen "Bubblegum Crisis"? The lead character, Priss, when she is in armor, she has ballet heels built into the leggings! Interesting for combat, don't you think?

• 10 months later...