I love you-you're perfect-NOW CHANGE.

Anita C.

Accept someone as they are because it is very unlikely that they will change.  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Accept someone as they are because it is very unlikely that they will change.

Another can-o-worms but here goes.

"If only they would (fill in the blank)" . . . So, OK, and just what do you do/

are you gonna do to DESERVE this? Huh, sweetie? And what'll be your NEXT little "Request", Hmmmm?

So many times we enter a relationship with false expectations. Of course

an attraction exists, unfortunately, so many of us (myself included) start

"suggesting" things . . . "Y'know if only (fill in the blank), it would be so

nice!"

Then one thing leads to another . . . then another . . . then another. Next

thing you know you/they are complaining "You're not the person I was

attracted to" D-U-H !!

NEVER, EVER count upon someone changing. It's like trying to teach a pig

to sing . . . it wastes your time & annoys the pig. :(

I can already hear tha "YEAHBUTS" starting already!

A N D THEY'RE OFF! :lol::(:( :drinking:

Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

True of course. People rarely change and if they do it's over a long period, and nothing to with your own prompting. They have to learn ther own way. That was almost a false as well as the last one but I think the first answer fits the bill the best.

Maybe people dont change or maybe they do. Who can really say. Take the third girl in Lucy's stories the young one who had never worn high heels before. She was under the control of her mother and mother's know best. But when she tried on those high heels, well she found she was addicted to high heels in an instant. So did she change or did she just find out some thing about her self that she chose to go along with? Did she change or did she not? Jeff

No Jeff, having just re-read Lucy's memoirs, it doesn't read to me as if Madeline changed. She had had the passion all along to want to dress attractively in high heels etc., but as a schoolgirl had been repressed by her tyrannical mother for years. As soon as she was "liberated" by moving in with Lucy and Velma, it all came bursting out and she shot straight into mega-heels! By the way, in the last few days, there has been a posting on Jenny's Forum from somebody about a similarly frumpily-dressed schoolgirl who suddenly turned up to class one day in a great skirt and 4" stilettos! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

If you like someone why would you want them to change? Trying to get my wife to do something she didn't want to do would be like telling the sun to come up two hours late. One thing I would recommend, and its something I stressed to my sons, is to get to know his/her's mother and dad. That will tell you more about what the future holds than anything else.

It's human nature to want to change others. Those of you who responded otherwise were politically correct, but pound foolish! Most people don't want to be changed. Successfull corporations will rework their ports of entry to ensure a decent reception, whereas thos ewho don't will forfeigt the right to bing a preponderance of airlift to the theater fight.