Searching for a particular style

Smudgeur

Hi

My wife is searching for a pair of plain black court shoes (pumps) - they must be plain - no stitching, buckles, straps or other decorations.

She would prefer a squarer style of toe design and a blade or blocky heel, no higher than 4" (3 1/2" would be her preference)

I like these from Fuss

Posted Image

Posted Image

or these:

Posted Image

But clearly the heel is too high on both models.

Has anyone got any suggestions from looking around the shops or the internet?

We are in the UK and as she is a UK8 (EUR42) she would prefer to try on rather than buy online.

Any help or advice gratefully accepted.

I would try Next and River Island for a start. It's the sort of thing that might be found there.

They have sold some square toe sandals and slingbacks in the past, and often have 3.5 to 4 inch heels in their styles.

I don't know where you live, but I would look in the local telephone directory and call shoe shops until I received a positive answer to the question whether or not they have the particular style in stock. Or, you can look at the various websites maintained by Nordstroms, Nine West, and some of the other better known manufacturers, and when you spot the style, note the particulars and call a local store that carries the brand. I'd do all of this after I checked out Fuss to see if they carried the style in the heel height you were looking for. Sometimes the manufactruer does make the style in lower heels but the retailer doesn't stock them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.