In need of help

Hello all! :wavey: I'm new to the High Heel Place, and I'm totally intrigued by all the people here joined by their love of heels. I too, am a high heel fanatic, but sadly I'm a total mess when it comes to wearing them, so I came here hoping to see if anyone would have insight on my dilemma.... over the past six or so years I have spent thousandsssss of dollars on high heels because of my love for them and I don't plan on stopping; unfortunately I am physically unable to wear any of them, so my collection grows without ever being used. For one, I have ridiculously high arches; when my foot is already inside a shoe, you can still see the top of my arch from the side of the shoe (it doesn't set completely into the shoe) and so all my weight shifts to the outsides of my feet. Consequently, I start experiencing shooting pains up and down the outter sides of my legs when wearing heels, and only after ten minutes or so. To add to that, the flexibility of my ankles is just pathetic, to say the least.... so I want to know. is it impossible to wear heels if you have high arches?

The right high heels should provide more arch support than flat shoes. But check them or try them on first to make sure they have plenty of arch support - not all do. You should be able to find arch support inserts also to possibly add even more support. I think there are even some for sandals - try drug stores and department stores.

First hello and welcome lola527. Second we have a huge amount of stuff here about high heels, litterally "everything you ever wanted to know about high heels but were afraid to ask" can be found here. Third normally high arches and high heels are best friends, but if you have really really high arches you might want to check out Peter Chu (formally 6 inch Heels Forever) and their superarch line of stilettos (the shank has a steep curve coming down from a shallower heel cup. It sounds like it was designed for your foot. And if you wind up getting a pair, let us know how you found the service from them. And how you liked the shoes. And perhaps like allowing you to buy three pair and return two. So you can get that perfect fit at home.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thank you for the quick response, and I have seen Peter Chu's shoes, lol my arches aren't that high :wavey:. I guess just high enough to where my weight shifts to the outsides of my feet and i feel pain on the sides of my calves... but will keep looking... again Thank You for the warm welcome.

If you look close on their homepage it actually appears to be one of their selling points, you're exact problem. Plus I've heard there are comfortable for less spectacular arches as well (also a selling point).

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

So I want to know. is it impossible to wear heels if you have high arches?

Lola527,

I too would like to welcome you to High Heel Place. I have very high arches and high heels are more comfortable on my feet than "flats." I'm not sure how high of a heel you have tried, but for me, the higher the heel the more comfortable it is. If you own many pairs, you might try on the highest heels you have proceed from there and good luck to you and welcome again.