First Public Outing, Yay!

Rei

Last night, I was finally able to make myself do it! I took my girlfriend out to dinner at a local sushi bar. I was dressed in my normal kind of jeans with a t-shirt and a hoodless jacket and of course, though this will probably sound crazy, my 7 1/2" platform boots. I had to change into them in the parking lot because I had driven there in tennis shoes. I didn't have any trouble walking in them even though I had a lot of butterflies going, and the waitress seated us without saying anything, though I'm sure she noticed, along with about 10 other people near the front of the restaurant. We had a good time and ate some delicious eel and shrimp rolls. While we sat there, I'd say about 15 or 20 more people walked by to be seated and about half of the people did a double take, but not any sneering or negative reactions from what I could tell. I paid for the dinner and we walked out to my car, and then drove to my best friend's house and we hung out there for the rest of the night, all while I wore my awesome heels. He and his girlfriend already knew about that though, so it was familiar territory. All in all, I was nervous at first, didn't encounter any mean people, and had a great first time in heels in public. I can't wait until the next time! :wavey: I have no idea how to set up links or attachments, but the boots that I wore were the Pleaser Taboo-2021 (all black).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

Congratulations on you first outing in heels Rei. Many more adventures await.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Last night, I was finally able to make myself do it! I took my girlfriend out to dinner at a local sushi bar. I was dressed in my normal kind of jeans with a t-shirt and a hoodless jacket and of course, though this will probably sound crazy, my 7 1/2" platform boots. I had to change into them in the parking lot because I had driven there in tennis shoes.

I didn't have any trouble walking in them even though I had a lot of butterflies going, and the waitress seated us without saying anything, though I'm sure she noticed, along with about 10 other people near the front of the restaurant. We had a good time and ate some delicious eel and shrimp rolls. While we sat there, I'd say about 15 or 20 more people walked by to be seated and about half of the people did a double take, but not any sneering or negative reactions from what I could tell.

I paid for the dinner and we walked out to my car, and then drove to my best friend's house and we hung out there for the rest of the night, all while I wore my awesome heels. He and his girlfriend already knew about that though, so it was familiar territory.

All in all, I was nervous at first, didn't encounter any mean people, and had a great first time in heels in public. I can't wait until the next time! :wavey:

I have no idea how to set up links or attachments, but the boots that I wore were the Pleaser Taboo-2021 (all black).

Wow congratulations man that takes a whole lot of guts. That's pretty wild its cool that you have other friends that know about you as well. High congrats!!! Just out of curiousity what made you want to just get up and go in your heels???

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Wow congratulations man that takes a whole lot of guts. That's pretty wild its cool that you have other friends that know about you as well. High congrats!!! Just out of curiousity what made you want to just get up and go in your heels???

I was just tired of only wearing them by myself and with select company. What's the point of wearing heels if no one sees them? That and I've been trying to build enough courage for about a month now. :wavey:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ

Well done for conquering your fears and having what sounds like a really fun evening. I'd guess anyone wearing 7 1/2" would get some double takes, but the main risk must be bumping your head all over the place!

If you like it, wear it.

Congratulations on wearing heels out for the first time...and 7 1/2" are some serious heels for a first outing. When you spend a month working up your courage you really seem to get a lot. Keep heeling and keep enjoying it.

Style is built from the ground up!

Bumping my head into stuff isn't an issue for me, because I'm only 5'4". So with them on I'm about 6 foot. I've always been the short guy in my little circle of friends. Now while wearing them, as they're my only pair, I'm the tallest. :wavey: And thanks for all the congrats, guys, I honestly wasn't expecting many replies. Now I'm sure I'll post about the next time I go out in them, too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛABΕ