Greetings from Chicago!

Hello everyone! :) Although I've been aware of this forum for a while, it is just now that I became a member. I am hoping do some research here in anticipation for a gift for my beautiful wife next year. Next summer, my lovely wife and I will be swinging through Paris as part of our celebration for our 20th wedding anniversary. And while in Paris, I hope to have her measured for a pair of boots, or two, at Jean Gaborit. Thus, I am looking for anyone who had ever purchased a pair of boots from Jean Gaborit and what their experience has been. From what I have been able to find, it appears that, on occasion, those who have purchased boots from Jean Gaborit have had to return them as they need some adjustment. Thus, I was wondering is any one could tell me of their experience and if the fit might be better the first time around if my wife is measured by Jean Gaborit staff vs. either one of us measuring her foot/calf. Also, if anyone might be able to move this thread, or start a new one in the appropriate forum, I'd appreciate it. I attempted to do so but for some reason, I've been unable start one. Thanks! Keeti668 - Chicago

Greetings keeti668 and welcome to this forum :-)

I visited Chicago a while ago (I was there in 1999 for business).

What a nice (and big) city it is. I remember the city view from the Navy Pier. Wow !

I was also impressed by the Sched Aquarium.

About the Jean Gaborit boots. I know a member of this forum who own many pairs.

I sent him a message asking to read your post.

One thing I will never forget about Chicago: The taxi drivers are crazy !

I took a cab from downtown in rush hour. They are changing lanes without looking in their mirror !

Wondering how I am still alive today !