Hi from the Uk

Hi everyone just joined to get a feel for lovers of heels as I have a new found love. I have recently started a relationship with a guy who has a love of shoes :-) I am yet to find out exactly his favourites and thought I would ask you guys for help if you would be so kind. I have never really been a heel wearer till now. But I love them they make me feel so feminie and sexy and plus the added bonus of pleasing my man. I know his past relationship he bought his ex shoes to wear imported from the US and mentioned a pair with a scalloped stiletto?? I amlooking for some input. I would love to surprise him with me wearing a pair but don' t know where to start. They have to be classy I think and I don't think he's a fan of a huge platform. Does any one have any ideas of a good starter style that would tick some boxes for us both?

Welcome to the forum, newfoundlove! I trust your intuition for the things you like. If you're flamboyant or conservative, wear the style that fits your personality. This would be in your comfort area, which would help you to create a pleasant scenario for the both of you. Since you haven't felt like being a very active heeler till now, I wouldn't wear any heels higher than you feel right about. Most guys that are into high heels like gals to wear really high ones and this may be good to progress to once you are more comfortable wearing them. Any well coordinated outfit with classic stiletto pumps are usually an icebreaking look that most any guy would love to see on the gal their with. Hope you and the guy your falling for find what you both are wanting to please each other with. Just wondering if he also like to wear heels? This could really make your relationship interesting and another area to have in common. I will look forward to reading your opinions and perspectives about high heels as you continue to visit the forum.

Welcome newfoundlove! It's hard to go wrong with a pair of classic black patent stiletto pumps or courts as they are known in your local. They are a favorite of mine as well as many other guys here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thanks guys your info is really helpful :-) for a newbie like me. I have never met any guys before who have a love of heels. What is it thatmakes them so good? And do you haveany tips for me in wearing them. Should I practice in them first lol. I really want to surprise him so to know how to wear them would be awesome. Eg keep them for a bedroom dress up. Or cheekily hiding under a pair of jeans when he picks me up fora date lol :-)

Newfoundlove, the subject about what makes heels so special has come up before. They truly are magic. They impart a great deal of self confidence to the regular wearer when worm in public. Why? Who knows. For others, it is an inescapable feeling of sexiness. Very few can explain why heels make them feel the way they do. My personal tips would be to remember to keep your shoulders back to accommodate the shift in your center of gravity. Also try to avoid walking with bent knees. You will have mastered them when they become second nature to you. And yes, practice, practice, practice. Heels are very versatile shoes. My recommendations would be to just try them with different outfits and try to coordinate them. Hiding under a pair of jeans is okay but I and many other guys here would rather have them in plain view.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Hi Newfoundlove, I think for most of us the main thing is we find heels so sexy, when properly worn. If you have not worn heels before you do need to ptactice, if you don't you are likely to look rather silly. We would rather not see your heel hidden by your jeans, we want to see them after all. Don't hide them in the bedroom, be proud of them and let the world see them.

I really love how friendly you all are. I really think Im gonna like being around here, chatting and finding out information. Its really nice to find people so free to share there loves, comments and opinions. Ok so practise makes perfect right? I dont know what heel height to order. There are not many shops I can visit to try on different heel heights. I usally wear aprox 4" as a work shoe. Oh and he likes blue so some more suggestions would be awesome. I like the idea of the pump so thanks guys. I have a size 5 foot and cause I am a ballet teacher I have really high arches that sometimes make keeping a pump/court style on hard does any one have any tips for that too.

Hi again! newfoundlove, From what you have posted, I gather that you are a ballerina and then decided to teach it. It has been my perception that most ballerinas either have high arches or develop them as they train to become ballet dancers. Also as a ballerina, you probably have the ability to wear really high heels with out hardly any extra practice. Becoming familiar with the feel of the new heels and breaking them in, seems like your first stage to be ready for your surprise rendezvous or activity. For a UK size 5, any heel height over 4" could be considered extreme and very sexy to an observer, but with the right footwear, even lower heights can be just as effective. It mainly depends on what fits your personality and what you are comfortable wearing to impress, but not to advertise.

In a smaller foot 5 inch probably is a good compromise between heel height and long wearing comfort (relatively speaking). I smaller sizes a 5 inch pump looks dynamite! You may want to try a 4.5 inch heel first before going to 5 inch. As far as trying to keep a pump from slipping off your foot try a half to a full size smaller shoe. This is quite common when wearing high heels. In the meantime your current shoes can be made to fit better with the insertion of heel counter pads. I haven't used them myself, but others here have.

On your computer look up Classic Pumps. Nothing beats the original pointed toe, thin sole spike heel pump. My favorite of course being the mary jane shoe. Another shoe company called Guess makes a nice 3" heel shoe called the Renia and a 4 & 1/2" heel shoe called the Heda. There is no shoe more feminine than these!

Thanks Histiletto, I take on board the impressing but not advertising part. Very good point. I want to look classy. Thanks for the input. I wish there were more places to shop in the UK to find the right pair and not have to shop online, whats your favourtie place to shop? Reliable and secure online?

Thanks Histiletto, I take on board the impressing but not advertising part. Very good point.

I want to look classy. Thanks for the input. I wish there were more places to shop in the UK to find the right pair and not have to shop online, whats your favourtie place to shop? Reliable and secure online?

In the UK through the internet, I have recently or within the last couple of years dealt with New Look and ASOS when they have had the heels that tantalized my desire and motivated me to buy them. I also have used Ebay quite a bit in finding some wonderful heels, but sometimes the deals can be disappointing. Just this last month, I shopped with dsw.com (Designer Shoe Warehouse) and stevenmadden.com as they had some heels I've been looking for on sale. There have also been times that I couldn't resist the allure of some designer heels by Christian Louboutin, Yves Saint Laurent, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, Prada, Mui Mui, and etc. They may be a bit expensive, but if they fill the desire, the cost becomes a formality to dealt with. Well, this is a glimpse into some of my heeling acquirements over a few years. Some have been complete successes and others have been learning experiences to do better. Oh yes, there are some that I would rather let some one else have the opportunity to choose. Oh well, such is life! I hope this rattling on has helped.

As far as the advertising comment, some people feel they have to put on aires and do a gaudy show to win the heart of their intended. Yes we want to put on our best selves, but when it goes beyond who we are, the expectations may be disappointing once the realism sets in. I wish you both the best.

I can't see a heel causing an proportion issues, but a platform can. I'm not a big fan of plats myself. To me plats make the person wearing them look shorter. To me they look like the persons legs are too short to reach the floor. BTW, love those blue pumps.

They're nice but personally I think the shape of the heel, the way it tapers down to the tip, makes it look shorter than it really is, especially from the back. That's what put me off buying them last year in black (top of the attached photo) - I preferred a subtly different style (bottom of the attached photo) which I felt were more elegant despite the small platform. But that's just me, it depends what you like and what he likes... have fun finding out!

post-29841-13352294775_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.

Those were out of stock in my size :irked: I am finding out more all the time- he likes a 'sexier' shoe too, I think he means sluttier lol but hey Im up for that never worn anything like that. Still trying to find the perfect pair as they all seem to have platforms which he is not a fan of, or perhaps just a small one. Any ideas anyone? Blue is still the idea though still trying to surprise him with something in his favourite colour

I think your boyfriend means exactly what he said, "sexier". Don't make the mistake of thinking he meant sluttier. Sounds like he's pushing for a higher heel for you. If you think he's pushing you out of your comfort zone, challenge him to wear a pair like what he wants you to wear. Maybe drag him along to a shoe store for his and hers matched stiletto pumps. lol!

I like the idea of the pump so thanks guys.

I have a size 5 foot and cause I am a ballet teacher I have really high arches that sometimes make keeping a pump/court style on hard does any one have any tips for that too.

First of all, from me to you, welcome to High Heel Place. Second, I have very high arches and 4" and 5" high heels are more comfortable for me than a lower-heeled shoe. If you enjoy wearing pumps but have trouble keeping it on, you might try a court shoe with an ankle strap. Hope to hear more from you soon and welcome again.

You're probably right, newfoundlove. Getting him to buy both yours and his heels would really be something to dream about. Hopefully though he has a very good idea of what you are looking for. Perhaps a casual walk to your desired shoe store to ponder the selections seems like a fun outting before a movie, dinner or etc. Maybe you could also find out better what heels he would enjoy wearing. Have fun heeling.

I couldn't resist looking around... these are a darker navy blue and have a slight platform but I think they look very sexy and elegant (£17 and they have them in a size UK5):

http://www.pricelessshoes.co.uk/en/almond-toe-platform-court-shoes-214670

It's a shame they don't have a lighter tan-coloured sole which I think would complement the navy blue and highlight the heel better.

These are more of a royal blue but have a bit more of a platform:

http://www.asos.com/countryid/1/ASOS/ASOS-PUMP-IT-UP-Platform-Court-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1703582&MID=35718&affid=2134&siteID=0RpXOIXA500-gNhiPxssFQQ6cC_ywPLS2g

And ok, turquise isn't exactly blue and they have a bigger platform but I think these would be a pretty irresistable summer look with a white skirt and turquise top:

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/shoes--boots/heels/turquoise-slingback-court-shoes-603959

I don't blame you for concluding that "sexier" means "sluttier" because most guys minds do seem to work that way... but most high-heel wearers talk about confidence and self-esteem. Choose the heels that give you self-respect and make you feel good and remember it's not just the shoes, it's your legs in the shoes that will captivate him.

If you like it, wear it.