Engadegement Party Slingback show from the Bride-To-Be

Slingfan

I was at an Engadgement Party last night and the Bride-To-Be was wearing a beautiful long blue strapless dress that covered her feet. She was wearing a pair of 4 inch silver strappy sandals, with a few criss cross straps over her toes and a backstrap that ran up the inside of her foot and came to a stop on the outside of her foot. The straps had a buckle on them. I'd not been able to see her shoes at all until the speaches from family and friends. She was standing up the front of the room with her fiancee and family while the speakers stood in front of her. All of a sudden she crossed her right leg across her body, exposing her shoe and leant down with her left hand and gently slid her backstrap up higher on her heel. The strap looked really low. I found it interesting because her dress was so long that no one could see her shoes or the fact that her straps were down yet she decided to fix her strap in front of the whole room watching the speaches. Later on that night I saw her walking through the room and her feet were poking out the bottom of the dress while walking. I heard slap, slap, slap, looked down and saw both straps flailing around under her heels. She walked around for a long time with squashed straps and then took her heels off. I saw them next to a couch in the fucntion room and both backstraps looked battered. Has anyone else had any experiences of very public slingback slips and/or having to fix their straps with lots of people watching?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a lady today outside where I work with slingbacks on that had slipped off, at least a four inch heel, I would have loved to offer to fix them for her but somehow I think I would have had my jaw slapped, but a nice view all the same.

Awesome! Did you see her fix the straps at all? Went out last night and saw a girl in her early 20's in a pair of black fishnet stockings and a pair of black peep toe slingbacks with a wooden platform and heel. They are about 4-5 inch and show massive toe cleavage. This girls straps were forever slipping and she kept fixing them everytime they got low. She was losing her straps just shuffling on the dancefloor yet she wouldn't let them stay down. I must have seen her fix the straps 10 or 12 times, each time when the straps were millimeters from falling off her heel. I did see her walking up some stairs to the bathroom and she'd lost them under her heels but she pulled them back up again at the top of the stairs. It was so hot!