Looking for instructions/information/FAQs

TXGuy

Hi All, I've been looking for posts, threads, or and general FAQs type pages related to high heels. Specifically: 1. Recommendations on selecting the proper size high heel pump. I've worn sandals, etc, with ties on the ankle, but my first pair of pumps, even though I tried them on in the store, I'm pretty sure I got the size wrong. 2. Even though I assume there will not be, are there any differences in sizing between men and woman? 3. Recommendations on training so that I can pull off wearing a 3 to 4 inch high heel pump for hours. Hopefully something that doesn't require me to wear heels every day. As much as I would like to, my current situation is not conducive to coming out at work or socially, my wife knows, and as the only breadwinner in the household, can not risk that. I'm sure I'll have a lot more in the future, would be cool if there is such a FAQ out there instead of posting the questions in a new thread. Apologies now if there is such a place and I have not found it. Thanks

In actual fact shoe sizing is a minefield. If you have a narrow foot then you will need a smaller size if pointy toe and if you have a fat foot you will need a larger size but will be able to manage a round toe style in a smaller size. Moreover, there is so much variation from supplier to supplier you will never get a meaningful FAQ.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.