Changed to metal heel tips - what fun !

Walkonit

I'm sure many of you are very experienced with this, but recently the plastic tips on my 5" black boots that I like to use in public were getting really worn down. I ordered some metal heel tips from a UK website to replace them, changed them myself without too much problem and tried them out. Now I have other heels with metal tips like the ones in my avatar but I'd never tried them in public before. Wow what a difference ! First they are far more noisy which really attracts some looks. This was a bit frightening at first but after a while it made the experience that much more fun. The sharper louder tick tock combined with the occasional crunch as something small powdered beneath my heel tip raised the experience level for me. The feel of the heel was different as well. There was much less cushioning due to the harder material, but this was positive allowing me to somehow feel more solid contact and grip with the ground (although I've read metal heel tips can slide easily on very hard surfaces). What fun ...I will be taking them out again soon.

glad you liked the new tips. i too have ordered tips from that uk dealer and have replaced several of the plastic tips with metal ones from 4inch to six inch, love them all. but your right they will get you more attention. happy clicking along.

I havn't had trouble sliding with metal heel tips yet, but perhaps I havn't tried hard floor surfaces yet. Went shopping recently in a store with a linoleum floor in metal heel tips. The surface felt forgiving and quite comfy to walk on. The metal tips really gripped well, but then I noticed I was leaving a trail of indentations where I walked. I was a bit worried at first but the marks disappeared after a short while. Curiously I had trouble with some hard plastic tips in Copenhagen airport one time as the floor in the main terminal was hard and slippery. I had to slow down bit and look for the areas with carpet. Perhaps it would have been even worse in metal heel tips.

Hi all, I only wear metal heel tips and they ARE slippier on very hard smooth surfaces - mainly glass/ marble floors are fun - you get used to a skid now and again but it always happens. Hard linoleum can be slippery but wood/ normal linoleum you get grip on. It also depends on the size of metal heel as well, smaller cuts in more obviously! In terms of noise - well they do an don't sound louder. They sound different is more how I would put it. In malls and places with good quality upmarket marble floors then I am quieter - but more high picthced click clack then clonk clonk I get with plastic heels. On asphalt metal tips are quieter, on concrete the metal tips are louder. The noise is part of wearing heels - I gave up tring to be covert about high heels years ago! Anyhow - I am ranting... The best thing is the metals last longer, and they don't scratch you legs if you are sitting around etc..or ladder stockings as easily as plastic heel tips - which tend to get raggedy and fray a little... Cheers Heel-Lover