Shoe shopping failure

legs777777

depending on circumstances, we need to do what works and feels right for us!!

need to agree with the one point already made!! even though wife and I do shoe shopping together, often feel like people are watching us!! although that is getting better, and as time goes on, starting to care less and less what people think!!

enjoy!!:smile:

That is the bottom line. Feel comfortable doing this. This is a fun experience, not a pressurized situation. It sounds like you and your wife are getting more comfortable and having the right attitude about it.

I understand how difficult it is. I suggest this method to start out. Pick a store where they have your size out on display and where there are a number of other customers around. Browse around a bit and discover that nobody pays any attention to you apart from the store staff who may ask you if you need help. At this stage just say no thanks and then try a few pairs on. Walk around in them a bit. It's amazing that nobody pays you any attention, even when you sit down and actually put them on. A good suggestion for a store like this is Zara's. I've tried on all sorts of heels and booties in Zara's with women so close I could reach out and touch them ! They are so busy with their own shopping they pay no attention. Zara's have loads of nice styles. Their size 41 shoe is a bit tight for me, but their booties seem slightly bigger and fit me pretty well.