High heels in books

Kipsu15

Robert B. Parker, who wrote the Spenser novels (Spenser: For Hire, TV Series) and the Jessie Stone novels (Tom Selleck played Jessie Stone in some TV movies based on those novels), sadly passed away in January of this year. When he described the women in his novels, he always went into detail what they were wearing, especially the high heels they were wearing.

Just before I lost my leg, a friend gave me "Racine on One Good Leg" about a highschool senioir with a crippled leg. She had a passion for heels and the book tells about her romance and life on crutches ad in a heel. She takes us wlong as she and her date go shoe shopping and other events like their prom which she attends on her crutches and a stiletto sandal on her good foot. The last time I l ooked it could be accessed on Barnes & Noble web sight just type the title in the search box

eoneleg, I read your post and noticed the title "Racine on One Good Leg" and have to ask if this refers to Racine as in Racine-Kenosha,Wisconsin as this is precisely the area where I live. It is interesting also to note that Racine is well known for the way the whole town celebrates high school prom night. I live in Kenosha but go to Racine often. HappyinHeels

As I recall in the book, she and her parents lived in Chicago and were going to a family reunion in Racine where her mother's family lived. At the time, her mother was pregnant with Racine and athey could not decide on a name. Her dad noticed a sing, "Welcome to Racine" and suggested that the baby, if a girl be named Racine.