Sizing of Coach pumps

skirtsnhose

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to take a look at some handbags. I had gotten my wife a purse from Coach a couple of years ago, and I figured it was only fair for me to look a bit for myself as well. I went to the mall in my typical heeling attire (pencil skirt, pantyhose, 4" heels) and walked into the Coach store just to look at the selection of bags. Once I got there, the sales ladies were very helpful and friendly, and pointed out the shoes they had off to the side of the store. I naturally gravitated toward a very cute pair of rounded toe platform pumps (see attachment). I normally wear a 9.5 or a 10 (US), occasionally dipping down to a 9 for shoes that run large. When I tried these on, however, I was all the way down to an 8.5! Has anyone else experienced this? What other brands run so large?

post-20074-133522933522_thumb.jpg

Maybe the size was English. The men's and women's sizes are the same.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

I had some Coach wedges briefly and while they seemed true to size, they weren't comfortable at all. It was mostly due to the patent edge accents that ended up chafing my feet more than anything. Full patent may not have this problem. The lady that used to be in the office next door seemed to like the Coach brand and that's how I found out about it, from the brand name being printed on the wedge of one of her pairs. ...and yes, those are very nice looking.

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to take a look at some handbags. I had gotten my wife a purse from Coach a couple of years ago, and I figured it was only fair for me to look a bit for myself as well. I went to the mall in my typical heeling attire (pencil skirt, pantyhose, 4" heels) and walked into the Coach store just to look at the selection of bags. Once I got there, the sales ladies were very helpful and friendly, and pointed out the shoes they had off to the side of the store. I naturally gravitated toward a very cute pair of rounded toe platform pumps (see attachment).

I normally wear a 9.5 or a 10 (US), occasionally dipping down to a 9 for shoes that run large. When I tried these on, however, I was all the way down to an 8.5! Has anyone else experienced this? What other brands run so large?

Your are so lucky to be able to do that. I would cut off my toes to go down to that size. Not realy. But sounds good when you can wear that size. Good for you. Keep us in touch and let us now what new shoes you have gotten. Thank you.