Boots of the 30s

manoleat

From time to time there is a little gem popping up on ebay and you got to be at the right place on time. These one seem to be made in the late 30s maybe. They are unmarked but I expect them being from Regent Shoe Stores. I love the vintage lace up style that would hug the ladies legs perfectly. And the full eyelet lacing is a celebration of putting boots on and off. :) Does anyone have some vintage heels from Regent? A pair of them was sold on ebay lately.

post-12531-133522929428_thumb.jpg

post-12531-133522929453_thumb.jpg

I have no idea about the age or source of those boots but they are certainly not a style that was worn in the UK in public in the 1930s (or indeed at any time in the 20th century, apart from perhaps in the first or last decades). They look very Victorian to me and scarcely street wear even then. My guess is that they were worn by (or intended for) showgirls, actresses, models (e.g. Bettie Page) or other 'ladies' of more shadowy occupation. They are however quite attractive.

Maybe someone can be more specific about their pedigree.

• 4 months later...

I guess there were only few ladies back then wearing such high (about 10cm) heels. Some showed their love for high heeled shoes and boots in the magazine London Life which I have some issues of. At least also some evening shoes had that high heels back then (shown here http://www.hhplace.org/vintage_fashions/19363-1930s.html#post274732).

I can definately "speak" for the heels and boots I show because I own them.

The boots above were stuffed with newspaper from 1969 when I got them. So I guess they were not worn since then but they are definately older. The leather tongue also showed a criscross pattern. That means they were oviously worn with fishnet stockings. The soles show no outdoor wear but the upper leather on the foot shows some wear. All this also leads me to the suggestion that these boots have been worn by a dominant lady whether professional or not.

But it seems that no one can provide more information about the possible maker of these boots.