Just venting here :)

MisterN

I fell in love with a pair of boots I accidentally stumbled upon on ebay.

this is the pair i'm talking about.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Mega-Sexy-Black-High-Boots-w-Straps-QUEENTINA-Size-40-/160503767332?pt=BENL_Schoenen_voor_haar_1&hash=item255ec52124#ht_4754wt_1458

I absolutely adore them, especially the red sole. It just gets to me.

Anyway, they are too expensive at the moment, and I have no possible way of hiding those magnificent boots in my rather small room (where I get regular visits of friends to make matters worse) It's also on ebay and i have no idea how that thing works, i'm a little horrified that the seller will send the boots in a big box with 'SUPER SEXY BLACK BOOTS' in big letters on the front, for everyone to read to my nearest supermarket where I'll have to collect it personally from the people I see nearly every week and be looked at strangely from that moment on.

I know it's a little cowardly of me, but I'm still very shy of this and on the verge of trowing away my other pair of heels in fear of getting 'caught'.

Anyway, this pair got stuck in my head and I've been walking around with them for the past few days now (how ironic).

Just needed to let this out, thanks for reading if you did :wave:.

Heelfts um, not sure what to say other than 70 euro seems a fair price although understand may be more than your available funds. You'll be surprised how easy it is to hide a pair of shoes / boots; do you not have a wardrobe or even space under the bed; how often do your friends dig in the back of your wardrobe or get under the bed? Highly unlikely the box will come unwrapped; how often do you see parcels advertising what is in them? Most vendors are aware of secrecy in such matters; you can always ask that they wrap the box anonymously so as not to draw undue attention. Ebay is dead easy; just log in and make a bid; either close to the current offer or the absolute maximum you can afford; cost may rise as more bids are put in but you still may end up getting them for less than your max. Pay via Paypal using a credit card at best or current cash bank account so that funds are securely paid. As paypal is owned by Ebay the process is relatively simple. This shouldn't be a problem even if you are a teenager. If you want them; go for it but don't worry if you don't get them, a little time web searching may turn up a cheaper pair. Good Luck Richard

So yes, you will have to get a paypal account most likely as most vendors on ebay only take that. Not hard to set up a paypal account and even easier to set up an ebay account. As Waisted_Giraffe said, just place a bid higher than what is there...generally, you place a bid at the maximum amount you are willing to spend and see if you get out bid. For items with heavy bidding, you can snipe, but that's a whole different thing. You can ask the seller a question...ask if they ship in "discreet packaging".

Ebay is easy and it's fun. It's a bit like going fishing. You never know what you'll catch. If you win, you get the prize. If not, keep fishing. If you get the prize and it turns out not to fit, not to look as good as you thought, or you don't like it, just turn around and re-sell it. You'll hardly lose much, and I've actually made money doing that at times. So log on to ebay.com and read about it. Then take the plunge. I've bought 90% of my shoes there, and it's been a great source of larger sizes, because a lot of stores dump their extra stock there at good prices. Steve